My Little Reminder... It Seems to work for Me

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MY Little Reminder......
Is sometimes in front of me also... On an 800 RMK ! :yikes: :D :)

One more reminder to us Dads (and some moms). I've seen first hand what can happen when the "Little Reminders" are riding in front of us on our sleds. My sister (120 lbs) thought it would be a nice idea to take her 10 year old son who is about the same sizes as her for a ride on my sled. She put him in front of her and after only 100 yards they were both black and blue. No joking here. She rode around the cabin and when approaching the gravel road turned hard to the right. When she did this the throttle squeezed against her sons chest and LAUNCHED them into the trees on the other side of the road. We watched the sled literally go from a dead stop to launch mode as it was full throttle hooked up on frozzen gravel. Could have been really bad but luckly just alot of bruises. My sled suffered a broken shroud and some scuffs.

At a family winter party out here near Cooking Lake I saw the identical thing happen to a stranger who had TWO kids in front of him on a brand new RMK 800. He was taking some of the kids for a ride on his sled. He was a newbie to snowmobiling. We all watched him ride away from the skating rink (dugout) with the 2 kids and when he turned hard to the right, at a crawl, the sled went into hyper drive right into the trees. Major damage to the sled (big tree) and 2 hurt kids... this also could have been worse. Same thing, throttle got sqeezed against the kids bodies.

Just remember, when the ankle biters are between you and the bars watch that throttle when turning hard to the right.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I REMEMBER SIMILAR HAPPENING WHILE A LARGE SLEDDING GROUP WAS ON A BREAK ON A RIVER BAK(BACK IN THE '70'S) AND A GUY WITH A BRAND NEW SCORPION STINGER TOOK ANOTHER RIDER FOR A RIDE(IT WAS A PRETTY FAST SLED BACK THEN) AND SAME THING HAPPENED, HE TURNED HARD RIGHT AND THE RIDER IN FRONT HIT THE THROTTLE AND OFF OVER THE RIVER BANK, ABOUT A 10 FT DROP, BUT LUCKILY THERE WAS LOTS OF POW BACK THEN AND THEY BOTH SUFFERED FROM BUMPS/BRUISES AND THE SLED SHOT OFF INTO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SMALL RIVER BANK AND THE WHOLE FRONT END WAS DAMAGED(BULKHEAD, BUMPER, HOOD, ETC)....LUCKILY THEY RODE IT OUT, BUT I KNOW THEY WERE HURTIN'.,,,,,, COULDA BEEN A LOT WORSE.:nono::nono:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I REMEMBER SIMILAR HAPPENING WHILE A LARGE SLEDDING GROUP WAS ON A BREAK ON A RIVER BAK(BACK IN THE '70'S) AND A GUY WITH A BRAND NEW SCORPION STINGER TOOK ANOTHER RIDER FOR A RIDE(IT WAS A PRETTY FAST SLED BACK THEN) AND SAME THING HAPPENED, HE TURNED HARD RIGHT AND THE RIDER IN FRONT HIT THE THROTTLE AND OFF OVER THE RIVER BANK, ABOUT A 10 FT DROP, BUT LUCKILY THERE WAS LOTS OF POW BACK THEN AND THEY BOTH SUFFERED FROM BUMPS/BRUISES AND THE SLED SHOT OFF INTO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SMALL RIVER BANK AND THE WHOLE FRONT END WAS DAMAGED(BULKHEAD, BUMPER, HOOD, ETC)....LUCKILY THEY RODE IT OUT, BUT I KNOW THEY WERE HURTIN'.,,,,,, COULDA BEEN A LOT WORSE.:nono::nono:

Sorry, but i found myself smiling as I read your reply! :rolleyes::D I could'nt help picturing a couple of guys (adults I'm assuming sitting WAY too snuggly... Idiots) sitting on a '70's Scorpion sailing off a river bank! :D Yuh kind ah have to find the humour in that! :D:D:D I would love too see that on video! :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sorry, but i found myself smiling as I read your reply! :rolleyes::D I could'nt help picturing a couple of guys (adults I'm assuming sitting WAY too snuggly... Idiots) sitting on a '70's Scorpion sailing off a river bank! :D Yuh kind ah have to find the humour in that! :D:D:D I would love too see that on video! :)

YUP, IT WAS DAM FUNNY.... I WAS ONLY ABOUT 14 AT THE TIME, BUT MAN WAS THAT HILARIOUS.... JUST GLAD THEY WERE ONLY BRUISED(BESIDES THEIR EGOS)...;);):eek:

Top Bottom