My 8km walk

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, was sledding in Blue on the 27,28,29 and on the 29 are group was on the way up to Holy Grail, I got to about km 7 and my Nytro started to sputer and loose power, then died, I turned the key off and restarted (after a few cranks) then ran fine continued up the trail a few more kms and was running good then started to sputter again, I flagged down my buddies and told them that I was having some grief and was going to head back to town, seeing as we were not far I told them I would go down alone, well luck would have it I made it back to km 9 and the sled quit and would start, after 2 hours of screwing with the sled it started, when it started it had a bunch of smoke come out the exaust, but ran real good, made it to km 8 and it died and would not start so started my walk down the hill, got down a couple clicks and was picked up by a fellow named Ken (THANK YOU VERY MUCH) at the end of the day my group towed my sled back down to the trailer (I was fairly intoxicated after a day full of hot tubing and Whiskey shooting) the next morning I went out hit the key and sled fired up fine, got home backed it off the trailer like nothing ever happened, not to sure what the heck is going on with it just wondering if all you snow and mudders have any input, when the sledd was having trouble starting I noticed that the exhaust pipe was wet inside, kinda like it was flooding.
anyway the sled is a 2009 nytro with a MCX 240 turbo kit

any help would be appricieted

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry about your luck, sounds like ken is an A+ guy, kind of hard to trust the sled until you find out what happened. had the same thing happened on a rev, kill cord turned out to be problem, yamaha ? can't help ya although there are a lot of yami riders out there.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe it was one of those things that it was looking out for you. didn't want you to have to work hard and get stuck, or climb a hill and flip it. so it gave you a nice day of drinking and maxing and relaxing.

sledidiot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had same thing happen to me, was the key connection. die electric grease and tie strap it and never another problem. oh and the flooding was from the pump cycling every time the key turned on.

tapex

Reaction score
You may want to check the tps? Its a quick and simple check, but if it runs good now it may not read bad until it acts up.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Ideas guys, I have not had much time to play with it sense I got back, hoping to take it out today and see what happens I will keep you guys posted

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Does sound like the ignition switch connection, or tps?....... Had both happen to a friends last year, so some cleaning and then add some di-electric grease in the connection, has solve his problem...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Does sound like the ignition switch connection, or tps?....... Had both happen to a friends last year, so some cleaning and then add some di-electric grease in the connections, on the right side under the brace, has solve his problem...and he replaced the tps as well...........

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got out for a ride last night, did not get to go to far due to the lack of snow, put on about 25k and all seemed well, So not sure if it is bad fuel or what, so I will just have to monitor the situation I guess, thanks for the input guys

Jasons

Reaction score
Hey there tfitz. Wondering if you got anything figured out with that thing yet? Do you know if your oil return pump is working from the turbo, could be why your getting the smoke once in a while. Hope I don't have to drag that thing back again! :nono::beer:

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your telling me, YOUR towing service can get expensive, Looks like must have been bad fuel or something froze up, took it out the other day and ran like a top, will have to get out somewhere there is actually snow to try it, when you going up again Jason

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had same thing happen to me, was the key connection. die electric grease and tie strap it and never another problem. oh and the flooding was from the pump cycling every time the key turned on.

X2, I've seen this on Nytro's, the plug to the key switch fills with water and causes the sled to quit. This plug needs to be greased and install a skirt over it or tape it up.

Top Bottom