My 09 XP doesnt like cold starts....

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
M 09 xp recently seems to dislike cold starts. itll start 2nd 3rd pull then idle bad and it feels like it has a very bad knock to it and backfires like no other. if it can stay idling and warm up good it seems fine or if it comes out of a warm shop and it starts great. the only way i can warm it up really is starting it let it idle with me giving it gas and listening to it knock and pop and bang lol then slowly drive around till it runs fine. anyone know why? im going to change both plugs ASAP just to see if thats the case but let me know what you guys think. sled has 900 miles. runs blue marble oil.

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
turns out my y-pipe bolts were loose and one was missing. then when it heated up and the metal expanded it was fully sealed. tighten your y pipe bolts!!!

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats one most people miss. seen it on many sleds. even on the e-tec I have seen 2 sleds where the y pipe bolts came loose. also make sure that the bolts aren't bottoming out. had that problem twice also. where it bolts was too long. so it torqued down, but wasn't tight against the flange. just something to take a quick look at

Top Bottom