Muff or Hot Pot install

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just installed another "cooker" and used the camera this time. Thanks to Bow Cycle South for having the stock as they seem to be hard to find. I did notice them at the Edmonton show tho'.

The summary of the pictures is as follows: put the complete unit on top of the muffler to make sure it will fit and remember where you had it placed; take out the muffler and re-position the unit on the muffler and mark the clam shell with a marker; take apart the clamshell and remove the top just down from the Y-pipe and cut out the hole with some snips; put the clamshell back on and then cut out the insulation that is blocking the hole; I had to bend the flaps under the support so that the support was level and not rocking; re-attach the clam shell clamp and use the screw clamp that came with the pot to secure the base unit (use two clamps to secure it); replace the muffler and you're good to go!

I find the screw clamps expand and contract with the heat and they will come loose. The Doo clam shell clamp with the spring is the way to go (use two of these for best results).

Combine this thread with Dobir's thread on recipes and enjoy....https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/best-muff-pot-meal-8759.html

Attachments

• 100_4943.jpg
    100_4943.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 438
  • 100_4944.jpg
    100_4944.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 431
  • 100_4945.jpg
    100_4945.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 429
  • 100_4947.jpg
    100_4947.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 430
  • 100_4948.jpg
    100_4948.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 438
  • 100_4949.jpg
    100_4949.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 437
  • 100_4950.jpg
    100_4950.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 427
  • 100_4951.jpg
    100_4951.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very nice, throw a couple smokies in there and your good to go for lunch.

Rodzilla

Reaction score
Thx. And Ferniesnow, what do the Doo clamshell clamps look like or used for, you have a part number so I can pick up a couple?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pics, so whatcha cooking. you will look like a rock star with all the sledders following you around all day. :beer:

friggin rockstars

Rodzilla

Reaction score
nice pics, so whatcha cooking. you will look like a rock star with all the sledders following you around all day. :beer:

friggin rockstars

Ordered my Muff pot,,,,you'll be following me around drooling over the smell of my lunch cooking :d

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am surprised you cut into that pipe...we all run the pots just strapped on and plenty of heat. I put my wings in frozen or almost in the morning and by lunch they are smokin hot! I am running a little custom attach this yeare because I was a bit hot and burned food...attached mount to the speedwerx tunnel dump can and off we go..

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics attached now..

Attachments

• pot 1.jpg
    pot 1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 359
  • pot 2.jpg
    pot 2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 360

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of these "hot pots" at the Edmonton Sled show last weekend to install on a Polaris 800 RMK and a Polaris RMK 700. Can they be installed on top of the aluminum or do they have to be on the bare exhaust pipe?
Does anyone have any pictures of the "hot pot'' or "muff pot" installed on a Polaris RMK?

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wherever they fit is fine..my boys run polaris and each have a pot on them..the key is not putting it where it will rub on the hood. The closer to the Y pipe generally the hotter...you dont need huge heat if you are just warming a sandwich. If you are putting frozen stuff in better put in right in the morning..

Brad62

Reaction score
Ive been struggling with a hot pot for a few years now the mounting plate keeps cracking up Ive got one under warrenty but same issue the mounting plate cracks out from the holes the clamp goes through. I had one on 08 700 RMK and 09 800 RMK both with SLP pipe same thing keeps happening. Anyone have any Ideas?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been struggling with a hot pot for a few years now the mounting plate keeps cracking up Ive got one under warrenty but same issue the mounting plate cracks out from the holes the clamp goes through. I had one on 08 700 RMK and 09 800 RMK both with SLP pipe same thing keeps happening. Anyone have any Ideas?
vibration is a killer with muff pots, if they arent mounted solidly they will self destruct. my buddy has bought a new one every season for the last three on his polaris, maybe check to see if you can add some springs to the pipe to keep it from vibrating so much.

the last one on his poo rotated into the brake rotor. sure made a nice clean cut into it....lol.

Brad62

Reaction score
Yes it has to be the vibration that's grenading these things I never thought of running some extra springs. It wouldn't be so bad if you could get another mounting plate but I already have three pots I really don't need more.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran a Muffpot all last year, I love Muffs. Still going strong , no issues other than the clamp loosening up a little. Keep the clamp tight and your good to go. Mounted on the y pipe 2010 800 Dragon.:beer:

Top Bottom