MTNTK pump gas kit.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Guys, the new MTNTK Turbo is here. I have rode turbo's for the last few years, this set up really works. This turbo has no turbo leg, clean crisp throttle response all the way through your pull. When you let off and get back into it the RPM is right there. Its a very nice kit, very clean install. Everyone thinking of a turbo or who has rode them before needs to try this kit. So far on my 2014 Pro 163, I've been running 8lbs boost, 8150 RMP with no detonation so far with my testing and riding I've done. Planning on doing a lot more riding this season, Valemount, Blue River, McBride, Revelstoke and Sicamous are just some of my regular spots. Feel free if you see my truck and trailer on the hill, to come up and see my sled. Will answer any questions at all you've got. Trailers got MTNTK Big Boost Turbo on the sides and Cycle Works, Cant miss it! Hope to be able to post some videos shortly and will post some pics on here as well.

So what are you running for clutching and what kind of fuel ?

jockdoc

Reaction score
Chrisco, are there 2 versions of the MTNTK kit? An intercooled "Big Boost" and non-intercooled "low boost" version?
Boost-it has an HO version, involving an air to water intercooler and so on, so it probably isn't a fair comparison, correct?
Also, how does the MTNTK kit deal with the heat issue? Does the MTNTK turbo fall on its face after the motor starts generating lots of heat?

Thanks!

turbo man 21

Reaction score
What do you mean, do you want me to explain the steps on how to adjust the wastegate on the turbo? These kits can be adjusted, I have had mine as low as 6lbs of boost, and up to 12 lbs. Currently running at 8lbs. Let me know if you want me to go into more detail in regards to how these adjustments can be made.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean, do you want me to explain the steps on how to adjust the wastegate on the turbo? These kits can be adjusted, I have had mine as low as 6lbs of boost, and up to 12 lbs. Currently running at 8lbs. Let me know if you want me to go into more detail in regards to how these adjustments can be made.

Yeah I wanna know, if you adjust the waste gate to create 12 lbs, does the ecu have the ability to adjust fuel and air mixture to that level or do you know how to change that also ?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Turbo man you are lucky, I am not sure how you can run up to 8 pds of boost with your injectors, did you put bigger ones in? I run outta fuel at 8 pds and I will be putting in the bigger injectors which will also need a different map put in. In reguards to the heat question, I have not had any signs of my turbo falling off what so ever and I think that the ecu will have no problems adjusting for up to 12 pds boost either. This kit rocks you guys.

Davido

Reaction score
How is the sound level on this kit compared to other kits? I see that mtntk state that their kit is quiet.. The Silber turbo kit is way too loud for me.
Do mtntk have bigger injectors with a new map?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12lbs? sweet bringer to Revy. Wanna see it go before it gernades,,,lol

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. You come on to a thread started by another dealer that sells the same turbo kit and promote your business....then you try and lead people to believe they can run up to 12 lbs on pump fuel with this kit?
Your really making it confusing for people that try to get a clear understanding of how turbos work.
If you don't understand the product yourself, then you really shouldn't be selling it.
Chris is a good guy and he has worked hard to give this turbo kit a good name...don't wreck it for him.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Good point Neil and thanks for that, there is a bit of a learning curve to these turbo's people and you do not just crank them up to 12 pds boost and run premium for sure, I think 7-8 pds max and correct me if I am wrong but with stock injectors you will run out of fuel as I have already found out. In regards to the noise question my MNTNTK runs just slightly louder than stock ( I think 3 db) and I love that because all other turbo's I have run across are much louder.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can one turbo be quieter than others? Short of tunnel vs conventional exhaust hole, what else can be different?

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can one turbo be quieter than others? Short of tunnel vs conventional exhaust hole, what else can be different?

I think a lot of them have either a small can or no muffler. The mtntek has a pretty big stainless muffler on it.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, I thought every turbo was a straight pipe exhaust.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Muffler pic.

Attachments

• 20131207_175717.jpg
    20131207_175717.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 434

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they were making them out of aluminum? Couldn't take the heat maybe? At that size they must be pretty quiet though.

There test & pre kits were alum... changed to Stainless .. And very quiet... Quality is much like robotic weld.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just want to set the record straight. ... the MTNTK LOW BOOST KIT is working great at time running 6psi on pump gas with Polaris 68 gram weights in the primary. When pushing the boost to higher numbers with a heavy load (deep snow 3 inch track) the stock injectors cant flow enough fuel to keep with the demand. MTNTK has been testing larger injectors for a couple of weeks now and be releasing them and a new map for the people that want to run above 7 to 8 psi. Testing has shown some sleds are able to push more fuel than others not sure why. Shawn also has a few more things they will be releasing for people that also want to run higher boost.........cant say. To get this thread back on track I will say as this turbo kit as advertised being a pump gas pull and go ride has been just that.. a pro with this kit with a 3 inch track is just a blast to ride in the trees.I will also say if you buy this kit in this form you cannot push it above 8psi you WILL RUN OUT OF FUEL END OF STORY. I hope this helps to get this back on track

Thanks Chris.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is the hp for this kit at 6psi... Is there a intercooler or w/a
and cost, how many hrs to do the install, how much weight does it add over parts removed

had a few poo guys discussing it tonight, have to set up a ride test day

Top Bottom