MPI Turbo for 850

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comming from the impulse fueling on the Etec 800, there is nothing nicer in the world, then never even touching the fuel controller, we ran 12000' in Colorado to 1200 feet at the farm, from -20 to 20c and not one pop, backfire or fart.. A/f stuck at 12.8 to13 all day every day.. This is what these kits need out the door this year

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've spoken with a few people over the past week or two who are quite knowledgable with this motor. Was told MPI was given open access to the new BUDS which is going to give them a huge step up. The version of BUDS in the 850 is not the same generation as the previous and they figure will require some time before it get figured out, just like the previous generation did. There were also a few changes from the spring protos, enough that some may have to go back to the drawing board. With the latest generation of the dobeck box on the 850, it's going to use inputs from the existing ECU to factor temp and barometric pressure, and boost. Unsure if the box is doing this with other brands over the past couple of years, but my experience with them 4-5 years ago was not this. They are claiming that because of this, there should be no problem running at any elevation on pump gas. Tall claim, but will be curious to see if it's true. If it does work, MPI will have trouble keeping up with demand. For the large majority of us, 200hp could get us into a lot of nasty spots.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you read it on the internet most likely it's true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, but it is suspect that there hasn't been much Aerodoo talk lately. Hell, we thought they were going to have had a factory 800 ETEC kit 2 years ago

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this truely is a any elevation 91 pump gas kit that runs 200hp it will be a hit. Ive had a couple turbos in the past and race or av is a pain in the ars. You pack a tonne of fuel with you, find great snow and ride long days and decide to stay an extra day or two and you are at the mercy of the local shops hoping they have it and paying $5 a litre. I've been on super deep three day trips where all three days I've burnt my tank and 2 11L cans so 62L a day.... 186L total in 3 days. Thats alot of fuel to be packing around for 1 sled. Not to mention that was also when I was stupid enough to buy 111 from a shop in Edmonton for $5/litre equalling a $930 tab for fuel for those 3 days. 200hp is a fair amount less horse than I was pushing then but pretty awesome to pull up to the pumps and fill on the cheap.

SW info is saying this is only a 4lbs boost kit and combined with the extra factory horse is how they are able to run pump and squeeze out 200hp. I am a big advocate for supporting local so hopefully Neil and the boys can offer something like this as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom