Mountain Mania 2009 -- January 30 - Feb 1, 2009

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never did any mountain riding before, but eager to get into it. I've been riding for 12 years now. I ride a 1997 700 RMK 136" Track 2" Lugs with 2000miles, good shape.

I have a Spot, and a GPS(Currently learning how to use.). I understand I would have to spend $600-700 for a Beacon/Probe/Shovel.

Would it be a good idea to attend this event? Also is there anybody from Grande Prairie that is going? or even Grande Cache that would have room on a trailer or deck? If I help pitch for gas.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have sent you a PM.

I've never did any mountain riding before, but eager to get into it. I've been riding for 12 years now. I ride a 1997 700 RMK 136" Track 2" Lugs with 2000miles, good shape.

I have a Spot, and a GPS(Currently learning how to use.). I understand I would have to spend $600-700 for a Beacon/Probe/Shovel.

Would it be a good idea to attend this event? Also is there anybody from Grande Prairie that is going? or even Grande Cache that would have room on a trailer or deck? If I help pitch for gas.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Already over twice as big as last year.....will be a good time! THERE WILL STILL BE QUITE A FEW MORE.... WHERE'S SHOWTIME, MARKO, TAZ, BIGDOO, ETC??

im buying tickets tomorrow and booking a room for myself and bigdoo....taz wont be around unfortunatley. if he can make it last minute i'll let em in the back door.:)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
im buying tickets tomorrow and booking a room for myself and bigdoo....taz wont be around unfortunatley. if he can make it last minute i'll let em in the back door.:)

oh no you won't we got Murm on back door security

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
is this just a ride or will there be races and hill climbs

This is just a ride, with a dinner/banquet Saturday evening. I'm sure there will be some adhoc "hillclimbs" but nothing organized or sponsored.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this just a ride or will there be races and hill climbs

I will be racing up the trail because I want the best seat at the cabin... kidding.... but as it goes for hill climbs let the bets begin, some guys we ride with are good for a show maybe, but if I put on a show some one needs to help me tow all my bits and peices out beacause a HELI out there is way too expensive... let the carnage begin I am bringing 2 sleds.:d
well actualy I will be the tame one of the group taking video thats my new years resolution, no more wrecking chit, just boondocking trail banging eating POW all the good stuff but maybe if ya twist my arm I will try a hill.:rolleyes:
see ya there

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Guaranteed there will be some informal challenges amongst peeps, and entertainment will be first class. Snowandmud.com has not promoted or supported any hill climbs, races or other other high risk events.

All we ask is that the people who want to challenge each other not put other members at risk....everyone on the hill is attend on their own accord. Safety first.

That being said, it's the people who make the vent...not the event itself. Last year in Golden it was a blast watching JohnnyT, RaspberryNytro and others pounding away at the hills. It was an absolute blast.

Hey Johnny...think you can climb that hill????...lol...

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Checked with the hotels/motels, etc. here in McBride today. There have been a few cancellations so there are some rooms left:

Bell Mountain Motel - 12 Rooms available Phone: (250)569-0312
- Supporter of Snow and Mud AND donated funds to the local Snowmobile Club to keep propane in the warmup cabins.
- This motel was recently totally renovated. Clean rooms, hot tub, kitchenettes, friendly helpful owners.

Beaver Creek Cabins - 4 Cabins available Phone: 1-888-641-2214
- Supporter of local Snowmobile Club - donated funds to keep propane in warmup cabins.
- Nice, clean cabins. Each contains two Queen Beds + 1 futon. BBQ on each porch. Hot Tub. Great people.

Sandman Inn - 7 Single Rooms Available Phone: 1-800-726-3626
- Supporter of local Snowmobile Club - donated to keep propane in warmup cabins.
- Available rooms each have one Queen bed (all cots have been spoken for)
- Nice clean place, good restaurant.

Canadian Country Cabins, Crescent Spur (about 30-45 minutes from town)
Phone: (250) 553-2330 or (250) 569-7196
- Snow and Mud supporter
- Nice, new cabins

Terracana Ranch Resort (about 30 minutes from town) 1-866-968-4304
- Snow and Mud supporter
- Beautiful exclusive log chalets available

Also, please note that there is a new place in town to pick up sledders lunches:

McBride Trading Co., 246 Main Street (across from IGA)
opens at 7:30 a.m. for sledders
- Hearty Mountain Lunches, Coffee, Baked Goods.
You can pre-order your lunch boxes for pickup the next morning.
Call Local (250) 569-2559 or 1-888-669-2559
NOTE: Geri (owner) is also a Snowmobile Club Supporter - donated funds to keep propane in warmup cabins

Top Bottom