Moderation

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons that it is time to clean-up a bit is this.
For 4 years this site has been financed from someone's pocket. This site is not cheap to keep going every month. Now with some bigger advertisers coming on board we need to watch it a bit more closely.
If you were paying a top dollar to advertise and happened upon a thread with F--- this and F--- that and Pr---- and the rest of it what would you do with your money next year.
If we can't keep the $$$ coming in what will happen to this site, how much longer can the $$$ keep coming out of a personal pocket-----not much long me thinks.
Moderation and banning is not done a personal note, just business.

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank you for the comment. You are right. This is not just a playground. It is a business.

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any chance of a sentence reduction?

As you know most "banned" members just show up with a new username.

Banning does not seem to deliver the desired results

snow_knight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BBtoys.. this is fine.. and very understandable.. however you telling me that it is ONLY a business matter.. wrong answer.. there is always personal emotions attached in some form or another..

However I still understand the business aspect of it, but there is still things that can be done to please both sides.. create a private lounge.. let anybody in who knows and understands what could be in there.. if a person doesn't want to look or view this type of posts/material.. they dont have to be in there... making it visible to members who ask for it.. nothing further

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a Question...........how much does it cost to run this site??? and would a paypal account for members to help out.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BBtoys.. this is fine.. and very understandable.. however you telling me that it is ONLY a business matter.. wrong answer.. there is always personal emotions attached in some form or another..

However I still understand the business aspect of it, but there is still things that can be done to please both sides.. create a private lounge.. let anybody in who knows and understands what could be in there.. if a person doesn't want to look or view this type of posts/material.. they dont have to be in there... making it visible to members who ask for it.. nothing further

It might make sense but, the crap always gets out into the public forum. The guy you are after goes and posts in the public forum and you will chase him down out there and then it is off to the races again. Not meaning you but that is just an example. The rules are there on the left side, and they are not that hard for most to follow, it is just hard to get all to follow them.

snow_knight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure.. however.. if you didnt have a bunch of yellow belly crying bedwetting simpletons as members... problem solved.. ;).. :D

It might make sense but, the crap always gets out into the public forum. The guy you are after goes and posts in the public forum and you will chase him down out there and then it is off to the races again. Not meaning you but that is just an example. The rules are there on the left side, and they are not that hard for most to follow, it is just hard to get all to follow them.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't stop sign ups. And it is not personal, I don't know 90% of the peep's on here. In order for it to be personal I need to know you. I meet Sick and like the guy, didn't ban him because of something personal. He knows how far he can go and when he steps over the line I think he knows trouble is on the way. I sould not speak for him, for I am sure he will do that for himself, sorry.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
is this thread also posted in the private room?
why is there a private room to begin with?

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess one should ask them selves ......who here shops or buys at the advertisers in question ???

..umm I do . so therefore the advertising dollars are doing their job
like snowknight said make a private lounge ...

oh and I know full well what it costs to run sites etc ..I was the Sales and Marketing manager for Canadian 4 Wheel Drive Magazine in my last life...

This site is more than a forum I would hope ..and if the advertising body feels that it is, then may I suggest a different venue than
a forum. I would suggest that there be more substance , i.e.) articles, right ups, independent tests and such..
I used to get products from every advertiser out there and wrote articles tested products along with pics in an informative and non biased fashion..
Many of the advertisers were more than happy to read the magazine monthly and see our opinions of there products. It is one thing to display a banner ad and hope for advertising dollars to reach a said demographic it is much more difficult and time consuming to test, do articles, and give the advertisers in question ..more bang for their buck ..

just a thought
perhaps it is time to ramp up to an actual mag ..if funds are scarce then either change and modify to adapt or ..well you know the or.

Last edited:

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
Can't stop sign ups. And it is not personal, I don't know 90% of the peep's on here. In order for it to be personal I need to know you. I meet Sick and like the guy, didn't ban him because of something personal. He knows how far he can go and when he steps over the line I think he knows trouble is on the way. I sould not speak for him, for I am sure he will do that for himself, sorry.
ha.... Like I put in the post barry..... I had it coming and I am surprised how long it went before my plug was pulled!!!! I know it`s not personal..... things gotta be done when members push the limits. I went for a long time manipulating posts to walk a fine line.......

I now utilize my time lurking in the shadows studying my opponents actions planning a new full frontal attack......

snow_knight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm... actually.. since the influx of PW's.. the average value of this site has gone up.. making it more marketable and profitable.. it just takes some business minds to actually get the revenue flowing in faster with advertisers... But we probably do more good than bad.. :D:D:D

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revenue was not the main concern in the past, but costs keep going up and now it is time to get more $$$ coming in. The side bars on the left(yammy) is a start.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right, the site value has gone up. It is because of the members, we all know that. Market is driven by visibility(members) to advertisers, but a clean site is more marketable.

snow_knight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right, the site value has gone up. It is because of the members, we all know that. Market is driven by visibility(members) to advertisers, but a clean site is more marketable.

So a clean site with less active members... or a clean site with a private less than clean lounge and more and more and more active members.. humm..... I think i know which one will make you more money in the long run.... Look at banwests little saga when the bikini ladies where up there... 30 members hated it... over 500 members said there was nothing wrong... so they pizzed off 500 to save 30... :confused:... not a smart business decision.. :).. just my .02.. not that i know chit about profitable businesses though.. ;)

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a clean site with less active members... or a clean site with a private less than clean lounge and more and more and more active members.. humm..... I think i know which one will make you more money in the long run.... Look at banwests little saga when the bikini ladies where up there... 30 members hated it... over 500 members said there was nothing wrong... so they pizzed off 500 to save 30... :confused:... not a smart business decision.. :).. just my .02.. not that i know chit about profitable businesses though.. ;)

i guess it depends how vocal the pizzed people are.

one pizzed person is equal to at least 100 happy ones.

Top Bottom