Missing Sledder_Sandy Beach-ICE

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no point in calling this guy an idiot, he isn't around to hear you, he (and his family) paid for his mistake, they don't need to hear (read) that you think he's an idiot because it no longer matters. His death made the point that that ride was a bad idea better that any amount of insulting cr*p that anyone can come up with......

Last edited by a moderator:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys that are complaining about the bad media attention that sledding is going to received show that all you give a crap about are yourselves! Someone is dead and you're harping about bad media attention!!! Give your heads a shake. I have an idea. Next time one of you guys does something stupid (and don't tell me you never do because if you say that you're a liar) please tell us all about it so we can call you idiots, complain about how you are "giving sledding a bad name" etc. We won't care if you got hurt. We won't care if someone else was hurt, etc. We'll just moan about how you're hurting things for us and making us look bad. We'll be waiting for your report.:realmad:

Sawdust

Reaction score
You guys that are complaining about the bad media attention that sledding is going to received show that all you give a crap about are yourselves! Someone is dead and you're harping about bad media attention!!! Give your heads a shake. I have an idea. Next time one of you guys does something stupid (and don't tell me you never do because if you say that you're a liar) please tell us all about it so we can call you idiots, complain about how you are "giving sledding a bad name" etc. We won't care if you got hurt. We won't care if someone else was hurt, etc. We'll just moan about how you're hurting things for us and making us look bad. We'll be waiting for your report.:realmad:

i will have to disagree.. I have been riding for a lot of years and sledders are nothing but caring and giving individuals. For instance a couple of years ago my daughter ended up in the creek bed on renshaw. When we pulled the sled out there and had to be over 80 people there to help.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weather is supposed to hit double digits Friday so with any luck they will find him and his family can lay him to rest - not to mention all the people who are trying to aid in recovery....God speed so they all can start to heal!

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure every single one of us has at one time or another looked back on our past and said to ourselves..."that was pretty stupid of me, how did I ever survive that?" I agree that there was a serious lack of good judgement on this young man's behalf but haven't we all been there at one time or another but were lucky enough to get away with it? He just didn't get as lucky this time as we did. Prayers and condolences to the family. :(

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will have to disagree.. I have been riding for a lot of years and sledders are nothing but caring and giving individuals. For instance a couple of years ago my daughter ended up in the creek bed on renshaw. When we pulled the sled out there and had to be over 80 people there to help.

That's what I have found, but some of the previous comments make me wonder?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sledders are people some (most) are good people some are Azzhats just like everywhere else. If they were all great people we wouldn't sell 400 day passes at our poker rally mostly to local people that ride the local trails all year but are too parasitic to buy a trail pass. Sorry, kinda hijacked......

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard if they found him yet?

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They just stated on Global Edmonton that a snowmobile has been found in about 8 feet of water... Lets all be carefull out there this year.

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also heard late last night, that they picked something up on sonar and the dogs went nuts in an area close to where they found the sled. So hopefully today they will find Shane, so his family can have some closure...

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did his sled die on the ice witch made him fall though the ice ?

Would be nice to know the causes other than all the personal attacks previously mentioned. The real mechanics of this would be good to know. What if it was his sled was crapping out eh! Anyhow these are minor compared to how the family is coping. Condolences and RIP!

Top Bottom