Midweek in Fernie anyone?

Hoots

Reaction score
Really socked in here in Lethbridge, calling for 10 -20 cm for tonight :d:d, supposed to be clear and sunny for Thrs. I am thinking Thursday if you guys are going. Send me a PM @ maybe I will join u ;)

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys get some concrete plans I will attempt to see if I can get the day off.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are we thinking wednesday or thursday??

hey what about work...?????

if it dumps I may consider...well I would go happily but f ing work takes my fun away

if not next sunday,,, golden time... anyone

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey what about work...?????

if it dumps I may consider...well I would go happily but f ing work takes my fun away

if not next sunday,,, golden time... anyone

work is slow this week... and the season is running thin... i'll use a vacation day.

probably won't go again this sunday, but next weekend i'd be in again.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
work is slow this week... and the season is running thin... i'll use a vacation day.

probably won't go again this sunday, but next weekend i'd be in again.

ya next sunday 2 away,,, if the weather is right lets get sum:beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
As I said earlier, Tuesday and Thursday were fine with me. I rode today (Tuesday) and will post pictures under a new thread 'April 13 in Elkford'. I will show you guys around if you come this way. Evenone needs beacon, probe, and shovel and some avi smarts along with 'will power'. If you don't come I'll ride with my better half and post pictures in a new thread April 15 in Elkford.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got me plus one (neddacsac). we've got our training, gear and knowledge, and aren't interested in taking risks. we ride mostly trees with a few pulls here and there, and love the wind lips to jump off of (or at least i do!!).
we've rode the notch, rolling hills, and the rain guage a few times but would love to see some new terrain...
gascan, foothills, still interested??

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I said earlier, Tuesday and Thursday were fine with me. I rode today (Tuesday) and will post pictures under a new thread 'April 13 in Elkford'. I will show you guys around if you come this way. Evenone needs beacon, probe, and shovel and some avi smarts along with 'will power'. If you don't come I'll ride with my better half and post pictures in a new thread April 15 in Elkford.

I'd be up for getting a guided ride by you. I'll see what I can swing tomorrow at work and talk to The Man. I'll sucker FoothillsM8 to coming too if I can.

I meet and/or exceed your requirements as well.

Summit X are you a "for sure'?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Sunny and +12 forecast for Thursday; leave early and get back early! Now I know that it is a 3 hr drive and getting here by 9:00 am may be a chore but I would like to shoot for that. It will be tree riding with some scenary thrown in to show you the lay of the land. Would like to get back to the main trail by 4-5:00 pm. I will read posts this evening and finalize things tonight. Do you want to have a fire and smokies for lunch? An old fashioned way of chatting about the area!

For your information, turn north at Sparwood onto highway #43. Continue on #43 until you come to a 4-way stop in beautiful downtown Elkford. 5.5 km straight north to the staging area. I'll be there at the appointed time.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
gascan, still interested??

Yes still interested, but gotta wait and see what the status is on my truck today. Dropped it off Tuesday AM for oil change and a vibration issue but they won't get at the vibration untill today. Will know more by early PM.

Doug,

Can I get close enough to the snow trail with my 14' trailer. Don't have a deck to get up higher with? Let me know if you can. Thanks

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet, yeah i'm in and neddacsac is too. we'll be there for 9. i'm sure i'll be throwing some wings into the muff pot, but smokies are good too.

GC, if you do get your truck back, can't you throw your sled in the back??

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will be there for 9 am, Shibby can u and gas can team up,u might have to use your trailer and truck.

I would be fine with this, but it's looking less likely I can make it. I still have to look over the sled and the work is stacking up for early next week. If I can get my job done that closes Friday, I can always swing in on the weekend if needed.

It'll be another last minute call for me.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm out. Been busting ass all day and still too much work and not enough time.

Sorry guys. Maybe next time! Weekends I'm likely always in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes still interested, but gotta wait and see what the status is on my truck today. Dropped it off Tuesday AM for oil change and a vibration issue but they won't get at the vibration untill today. Will know more by early PM.

Doug,

Can I get close enough to the snow trail with my 14' trailer. Don't have a deck to get up higher with? Let me know if you can. Thanks

Yes you can. The snow line is 25 m off the road so you can just back up to the snow and unload. Then pull the trailer out of the way. No problem. Cheers, fs

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
No precipation here today; it was sunny all day from Cranbrook to Elkford. +16 in the valley and I don't know about up top. See everybody 5.5 km north of the 4-way stop at 9:00 am. Drive safe, fs

Top Bottom