Memory Lane

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds have come a long way!! Autoboggan.jpg

justpinit

Reaction score
So has the price! Lol.

Yeah, that's for sure!! We just moved my dad off of his orchard after he sold it, and we've been going through his old stuff. I found an old cheque book and started looking at the stubs. In Nov. 1973, he went to the local Ski-Doo dealer and bought a brand-new 1974 T'NT 340 and 440, plus 2 suits, toques (no helmets, HA!), goggles, covers, spare belts and plugs, etc.

He gave them a cheque for $1427.00 for the whole deal!!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My very first sled was a 1976 Skiroule and i believe i paid around $8-900 new from the Skiroule dealer in Granby Quebec hahaha
Then in 1979 i bought an Arctic Cat Panther for about $1200 new from the local Cat/Rupp dealer, they were actually a tool rental/lawn mower/ chainsaw shop hahaha.
I was living in the lowermainland of BC at the time and there was really no real sled dealer's, most were selling sled's as a side line in winter month and the selection was very poor. Mostly sleds for farmers and trappers. I remember going to the Ski-doo dealer in Port Coquitlam and he had only 2 sled's in his show room, everything else were chainsaw's and law mower's hahaha. If you wanted a sled it was by brochure and you ordered it.
This was abit of a shocker coming from Quebec and being use to the large dealership network and trail system's as a young kid.

Top Bottom