Special Sledders

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out on a ride with the wife couple years ago. I was out of her sight because I got distracted for a slight second and ran the beast into a big hole with a creek running below.
Two guys about a minute after I went in the hole rode in and looked. I was in the hole assessing the situation and annoyed at my self for not seeing the hole. One of the guys said, too bad we don't do yamaha's and rode off.
I Learn'd a long time ago when you ride a Yamaha, you get ch!t on a lot by others, while riding and at the cabins and so on. It didn't come as a surprise to hear that, a lot of people in this sport feel they are better then you and entitled, check out the parking lots, it says a lot.
Wife and I got it out in about 1/2hr.

As a side note, I was even asked once with attitude by a guy to park down more away from his rig, lifted diesel with huge trailer, looking newish...LOL
While my old beater looks like it, well used..LOL
Ballzy considering.
I did to appease him because I'm there to enjoy my day.
The karma of that day is his sled blew out the crank within the first hour of being in the goods. Him and his 2 friends were struggling to get the sled out. Funny how his attitude changed when we ran into them, suddenly we were great guys. My buddy and I spent half our day helping them get that broken sled back on a trail.
People are weird, thinking we are all sledders is BS, what you drive AND ride tends to lead some to an unfavorable attitude of disrespect and entitlement.

I have met lots of great folks out there but they seem to be on the decline and NO age don't seem to be the issue. I have met plenty of old F'K out there and great young people.

Btw in both situations the guys were in their late 40's.
I would lend a hand to get your yammi out of a stuck especially when there is just two riders together. Matters not to me what brand someone is on and I would hope if I was in a situation others would lend a hand regardless of what I am riding.
That said living here in Sicamous some of the things I see some sledders do such as having "Balls Deep" plastered across their trailer makes a guy shake his head and wonder what brought these people into the world lol

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how that is, LOL.
There are chutes I pulled with way less hp back in the day that I no longer desire to do with a hell of a lot more under the hood.
I'm certainly looking at a 9R with a 155. Going in Tuesday to finalize if we come to a deal. It will be a great spring and low snow sled for around here. Never owned a Polaris and will compliment my season better teamed up with the SW.

BTW, I just saw today that my center hub caps for my wheels on my truck went missing last weekend at Eagles parking lot.
I guess someone needed them more then I did, so helped them selves to them. You did need a 4mm allen wrench to take the retaining screws out, go figure they had the tools.
Well you said it was a beater and you parked away from everyone else. Someone probably thought you had left it there to be a parts truck. Lol I have had people steal my gas cap off the sled but at least they had a plastic bag over it with a their girl friends hair elastic holding it on, so it was all good.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you said it was a beater and you parked away from everyone else. Someone probably thought you had left it there to be a parts truck. Lol I have had people steal my gas cap off the sled but at least they had a plastic bag over it with a their girl friends hair elastic holding it on, so it was all good.
What kind of douche loose their gas cap so thinks it's ok to borrow someones? Kind that needs a tune up I say

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you ride it with the bag and elastic? At least it was a considerate douche bag, he was thinking what if the fuel got contaminated he may feel bad.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea pulled into the hotel last night one spot is big enough for 4 big units. But 2 rigs parked like dicks and took the whole space.
You should have boxed them in,and had a late breakfast🤓

Parking in remote areas ( mostly decks) I would say most are smart and courteous with there parking.

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not just sledders. A few years back on a quad rally my wife and I came up to a beaver dam crossing. Probably a dozen quads/SxS stuck in a traffic jam. We did what we assumed anyone else would and hopped off to help, running winch lines, pushing, wading through waist deep water to find the best route. After everyone ahead of us was out, we took our turn going through. Do you think a single person stuck around to help us and make sure we made it through?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I've had mostly good experiences.
Gave away belt, guy paid cash.
Gave away gas, again was paid cash.
Lent spare tire on my truck, guy returned it the next morning, met us where we were shopping and returned it after he pressure washed it.
Only one real case of ignorant people. We were riding an area that has 2 access routes that's often done in a loop, about 180km total from and back to the staging area. It was early in the year and our group all packed extra gas knowing the waterfall onand not make the loop. We came across a group following tracks and without enough fuel to map it back the long way, we agreed we'd lead the way if they helped shovel out a trail around the waterfall. Came up on the waterfall and started shoveling, another small group arrives and digs out their shovels too. A second group arrives, and of course they are a bunch of wanna be Burandt's. So running over skis they go to get around our sleds, and wreck part of the new trail to attempt to side hill the creek bank. 1st is good and appears to make it, 2nd 3rd and 4th not so much, all 3 manage to eat sh!t and wind up in their own hole in the creek, sitting 8ft down on the creekbed. We finished, put away our shovels and carried on, by that point they had their first sled out anyway, and none of has had any desire to help dig out the rest. Turned out the 1st guy didn't make it either, and found his own hole at the top.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago my m1000 burnt up in valemount. There was 3 good parts left 2 ski loops and the mbrp can was still good. Came back the next weekend to pick up the burnt parts and someone stole the loops and can lol. Back when I still sledded I noticed how it went from guys out there doing what they loved doing having a good time with buddies, to guys out there to show how cool they are. Couldn’t ride worth sh!t but they had the coolest sleds with best gear

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last weekend was riding with a buddy. We were in a pretty hard to get to area and another rider came up and chatted a bit. Asked where we were from, said he was from Innisfail and was with a big crew and If we needed help to come and ask.
Still good sledders out there.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely still good guys out there.

Last week two of us went exploring in an area we had never been before. While we were sitting there looking at maps and the terrain debating which way to proceed, we heard sleds coming up the drainage behind us.

Figured we would wait and see who it was... ya never know. It ended up being an older local guy and his group was behind him. Chatted for a while and he offered to let us tag along for the day to see the area. We figured it might be a bit of a ch!t show based on the struggle the group was having coming up the drainage. Boy were we wrong. Had to be on our toes to keep up most of the day. Easily the best day we had all season, and with a group of strangers no less.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely still good guys out there.

Last week two of us went exploring in an area we had never been before. While we were sitting there looking at maps and the terrain debating which way to proceed, we heard sleds coming up the drainage behind us.

Figured we would wait and see who it was... ya never know. It ended up being an older local guy and his group was behind him. Chatted for a while and he offered to let us tag along for the day to see the area. We figured it might be a bit of a ch!t show based on the struggle the group was having coming up the drainage. Boy were we wrong. Had to be on our toes to keep up most of the day. Easily the best day we had all season, and with a group of strangers no less.

Did that in Forester years ago. Talking with some older locals ask if me and my wife wanted to tag along. Couple of those old boys could ride! Seen the a few times after that. I believe the one guy has passed on now. Had a muffler shop in town

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did that in Forester years ago. Talking with some older locals ask if me and my wife wanted to tag along. Couple of those old boys could ride! Seen the a few times after that. I believe the one guy has passed on now. Had a muffler shop in town
That would have been Andy.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed a huge decline with Sledders travelling on 4 lane that don’t give the time of day when there passing or being passed by fellow Sledders.20-30 years ago nearly everyone would give a casual wave or thumbs up,I guess everyone so focused on themselves they don’t have time.I’m not talking the driver,seen lots of crew cabs full of guys
times are changing.
Ha ha 20 years ago busy day at boulder 15 rigs, 50 sleds… now 150 rigs 500 sleds.

Top Bottom