MELT SNOW MELT!!! anyone else getting ANXIOUS!?!??!

Marauder01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CMON SPRING!! lol

just wanted somewhere we could discuss what ppl are doing to kill the time until all the snow is gone and we can start poppin wheelies again?!?!

whats everybody done to their bikes over the winter?

i did some general maintenance to the 230f, still waiting till i can afford a bigger bike, but for now.. i will keep dropping small bits of cheddar into it :p

i bought an NGK iridium spark plug, did an oil change the other day, thinking about air filter.. but i dunno what to get for a filter really.. still deciding

also, finally decided to get bar adapters and new grips so i could mount my renthal fatbars.. i think it will be nice..

saving up to change sprockets and chain :) then probably tire right around the day of the first ride :) so excited... cant wait....

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can melt over where you are, but over here it can stay winter for awhile. I really enjoy riding my sled way to much to be wishin or prayin for spring anytime soon.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Personally I think the snow can go! Work wrecked my sledding season so now all I can hope for is some nice spring riding on 2 wheels. Would have been nice to do some work to them over the off season, but storage was all that happened. But I'm
Gonna enjoy it whether it's screaming down the highway at over 200 kph or flogging it around the track, grabbing as much air as possible!

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
well I am just sitting in the airport in San Diego after riding for 7 days and over 700 miles of sweet single track, dirt roads and some payment. Pretty fun riding into ensanadia on an dirt bike. Tim Morton at baja bound puts on a great tour for all abilities. this is the second time I have been out with tim and it is different every time. This time was the best by far. We stayed in the north part of the baja and road some of the best technical single track I have ever been on. I am more excited to ride this year than ever! Stay tuned for some cool helmet cam stuff.

Work to the family fleet will be new rubber cool preprinted numbers for racing and some general stuff. bring on spring!

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to beat winter in about 3 weeks. The wife and I are loading up our bikes and driving to Moab UT for our first taste of desert riding :) Just a couple prep days left and then I start counting down!

Tristan88

Reaction score
I'm coming home from work in T-4 days, hoping and praying all the snow is gone as my sled season sucked only made it to the mountains once and due to the general lack of snow in the area. I'm ready for it to be spring.... Just bought a 2012 YZ450F ccandy wait to hit the track and brule Braaaappppp!

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Gonna head down to Phoenix on the 20th hit the links, lay around the pool and try to drink the state out of coors original. When I get back gonna pack some revy pow!

Marauder01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha my bike is not powerful enough for desert... crf230f is just a trail baby.. lots of low end for technical, which is nice..

when i get the cheddar for a new bike, i know i will be able to hit brule with it.. already planned out for a good time :D

had problems with the new bars getting mounted, too tall and wide for the throttle assembly, but with some small time spent staring at the bike, i simply flipped the throttle assembly to the bottom of the bar.. problem solved...

SO, cant wait.. every day the bike gets better and better and the snow level gets smaller and smaller!!! AWESOME!!!

Ryan.Coke

Reaction score
14 degrees here tomorrow in Airdrie. Definitely be out and about. Not like I havent been out riding anyway. Anyone else here live in Airdrie?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been snowing here and is currently snowing here.. I love winter bring on more snow so i can keep rippin it up on my sled for months to come yet.:beer:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting to the point here where I'll be able to sled in the mountains and ride the bike in the valley, prob 3 more weeks.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glen, have were you able to get me pricing on the turbos you have. Thanks

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glen, have were you able to get me pricing on the turbos you have. Thanks

was that sapposed to be a pm this is a dirtbike section?

anyway i decided not to wait for the snow did alittle ice racing this year and with other tires (dirt sharks with best grip studs) some practice riding. first race is 2 months away woohoo. anyone riding around edmonton im in (single track)

Attachments

• IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 134

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im living in revelstoke and there is so muchh snow here still. its started melting, but seriously, its gonna be like 2 months till i can ride around here. its killin me since i just got my new ride for the summer.

Ryan.Coke

Reaction score
Whats frustrating is I had an overnight in Hailfax last night............25 degrees! Oh wait I overight on Toronto tomorrow...............25 degrees! Why am I living in Alberta! Oh wait, because I don't like Toronto.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was not to worried about the snow as the quad was doing fine.....but today i got a 2003 kawi klx300 good shape and runs strong so this snow better melt soon

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, dirt bike season is right around the corner! Haven't touched my bike over the winter actually, its quite fine just the way it is. Will get a little spring cleaning/tune up and that's about it. The sandy areas around here are pretty rideable right now so I hear, but I avoid those places in general and wait to head up into mountaineous terrain, which prob won't happen for a while yet..but I suspect if the itch is bad enough we'll prob go for a quick rip around somewhere.

Can't wait to load up and do some sick camping/biking trips this summer. Having a trailer this year will make a big difference with the amount of riding we do I'm sure. Can't stand sleeping in tents anymore on bike trips lol.

Top Bottom