Mcbride riding

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rob and I were in mcbride this weekend. The trail up(to renshaw) is getting rough, but thats spring riding. There were a couple of bare spots on the trail where the sun hits alot. We unloaded just pass the first bridge. Up at the cabin(and every where else) it was wind blown and not alot of fresh powder to play in. One nice thing about the conditions was we got to explore areas we would never have during the season.

We also went to Horsey Creek. If you go make sure you have ice scratchers. Again everywhere was wind blown and no fresh snow. We got up on the Glacier and found about a foot of snow to play in. We rode up as high as we could and look over into the Holmes River valley. I had the GPS and we sat at 8120 ft. The trail going up to the right( for people that know the area) was alittle hairy. We had traction as long as we kept moving. We went about half way up and stopped. Pass this point there was no room for error. With the snow being so hard we were afraid when coming down we wouldn`t be able to slow down enough and to not loose it. To us it wasn`t worth the risk.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good call on the not worth it.
Rob wouldn`t say I couldn`t make it...so I didn`t try,lol, inside joke. Heres a picture from the glacier looking north towards Holmes River valley

Attachments

• horsey creek.jpg
    horsey creek.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 172

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres another facing southeast on the glacier. We were up to 8125 feet.

Attachments

• horsey glacier.jpg
    horsey glacier.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 181

rharris600RMK

Reaction score
4extreme said:
Rob wouldn`t say I couldn`t make it...so I didn`t try,lol, inside joke. Heres a picture from the glacier looking north towards Holmes River valley

I didn't want the have the doo over heat again part way up the hill, the Dragon was running nice and cool like always, lol.:p
Good trip for spring riding and nice to finally get into Horsey Creek.

Top Bottom