Maverick... Anyone have experience with them?

cbsharp

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying one. Just looking to see if anyone has one or heard how well they perform in mud. Cheers

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they don't have a front locker so would not be great in the mud IMO

Sent from my Note2

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Best friend just picked one up two weeks ago,,, They are they Sick!!! you will not be disapointed...

I wouldnt worry about front locker,, Any time I used lockers on My Rhino on 30's u would have a
good chance of snapping an axle...(and I had gorrilla axles,,stock would last 2seconds locked with 30's) Get a good winch,,,just in case... Our rhino would go threw way deeper
mud/skag than any quad ive rode with(even pimped out renagades)

Hp is your friend in the mud,,The maverick has plenty of that.... Plus mud just Ruins equipment any ways..kinda hard too avoid out west in alberta tho...

They are sick.. Put my bigbore rhino to shame forsure,,,, I still like the 900razors tho... friend of mine has one with 31in
Vampires and imbarisis our rhino on 30's in 2wd...

OUR built rhino can out chew a stock comander no problem,,but Maverick no way,, even stock they are pretty bad ass..

Im sure you will have 0 problems in the mud,,, Have fun lucky bastard..lol:beer:

33gs? thats retarded,,, Musta had alot of mods... my friend payed 22g im pretty sure?

Last edited:

cbsharp

Reaction score
Thanks duke, i have been reading that with no front diff lock they wont do too well, but just put a good winch on and away we go.

Wheres the rad located? Will it get plugged full of mud and overheat like the commander? A friend of mine has one and relocated the rad up on the roll cage behind the seats. Bit of pain in the azz but it had to be done.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The maverick has the HP,, Just get some agresive mud tires and I would worry about the Front locker.. Only time I ever used lockers on the rhino is climbing steep
hills slow where I didnt want to lose traction.

Using the lockers all the time You just break parts...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rad is in the same spot pretty sure,, And yes will most likely get pluged up with mud. Got keep it clean.

Im not a fan off putting the rad back behind your head,,like some people do... Just asking to get burnt with
scalding hot coolant,,,seen it happen..

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been out with one of my buddies and that's what he has, works great in the mud but be pre paired to get really really dirty lol way more than my 900 but and the end of the day it is a great unit. The rad stays cleaner than my 900 with that guard it has, but still need a wash after a day of chewing like any other bike. Don't get sucked into the 4000 lbs warn winch from BRP. Pick up a fully waterproof 5000lbs viper elite off of eBay when your stuck bad that extra pull it has really matters and the wireless remote and synthetic rope make it a way better deal. Doors are a must and so is a rear receiver (for a real tow point) or better yet rear winch.

JMO and this is coming from a guy who loves his 900. I would buy one.

cbsharp

Reaction score
Hell yeah getting muddy thats what I'm talkin about! I def wouldn't buy brp's warn winch you are right they are garbage. Initial price isn't too out of line for a base model but you get a few accessories and the price tag really starts to add up. But thats the nature of sides by sides.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are badass, pretty quick for a sxs and fun to drive. If I was looking for one and had the cash I wouldn't hesitate.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What RZR101 said about the front diff....it locks, but it takes 2 or 3 turns of the other wheel before it kicks in. Works great in the mud because you have the throttle pinned and spinning anyways. The "QE" (quick engage) front diff comes on the (quads) power steering models...it locks the other wheel in about a 1/2 turn...it will probably be available next year. Nice for the rock crawler guys, but in the mud, the ol Visco lock worked fine. (my experience with the quads anyways...I've had the standard and the QE)

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are definitely a bad ass ride, my only gripe with them is no EPS (yet) and the engine location. (heard they are a major PTA to work on)

they are a very potent and quick machine though. would be my second choice for a UTV

mctrailboss

Reaction score
just test drove a maverick max xr-s and it had power steering. not sure if that's just on the max. but it definitely had eps. very fun test drive btw.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
Just got the new max xrs home on Friday. put about 120kms. with 4 guys in it we are still bombing through the dunes at 75km/h. soaks up the bumps like they aren't even there. and it does about 115km/h with us all in it on the gravel road. an absolute blast to drive. The max is a little long and wide for some of the trails but with more utv's out there all the time the trails are getting wider. the stability and handling is what makes it fun on the wider high speed trails. If muskeg is your thing I'm sure it has the power to turn some aggressive 30's. might want to invest in a rain suit though cause the tires don't have much of a fender over them.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest downside I find with the maverick is engine/drivetrain noise in the cab. It's unreal loud compared to my old xp900

Top Bottom