Making fun of myself

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you cant laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? ME!!!

This was only my 6th time out sledding and 1st time this year. Yup 2 out 6 rides where on an old 300 then had to go get a 800. Hopefully with more snow I will be able to get out more. Here in PG its melting and ice everywhere.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHBKCwGTLI[/YT]

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it dont matter what you ridem, and it dont matter how many times you fall off or crash in to trees.......as long as your having fun! have fun and play safe!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Thats awesome!! I took my brand new E-tech out to a buddies farm for the first ride, colder than heck right after work, still wearing my FR workwear, and poor gloves, climbed a big hill, gunned it at the top and my hands slipped and I rolled right off the back right in front of the whole group including the kids...Hard to live that down LOL

But I agree, have fun, and dont take it too seriously, just have fun!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
.......climbed a big hill......

But I agree, have fun, and dont take it too seriously, just have fun!!

I just about pulled a Joey......."typing without thinking".

I was going to say, "in the Hat there are big hills?" Then I thought about the river and the valley, yes Longarm you doo have some big hills.....how's that etec enyways?

BeeZee62

Reaction score
As long as you're having fun ... that's what counts. On my very first ride this year and the first ride on my new Crossfire I went over the handle-bars in a full pike position landing with a double summer sault ending up on my feet doing a slow jog ... still ahead of my sled! Thankfully I wasn't going very fast, maybe 60 km/h and at the last moment noticed a deep ditch. Breaking hard, the sled came to a stop in the ditch but I however kept on going. No injuries to sled ... but I've now installed knee pads on it lol

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen seasoned veterns do that. Don't be hard on yourself just go out and have fun. Sledding is the best sport in the world.

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Glad to here you veterans have fun times too.

I love this sport wish i got into it sooner.

Stumpy

Reaction score
That's Great your having fun and already riding ,better than some of us here in Edmonton NOT ENOUGH POW YET but getting better especially today hopefully another 3 inches . Get out there and ride oh yeah you might need a teher in case of emerpencies like that !:beer::beer:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I just about pulled a Joey......."typing without thinking".

I was going to say, "in the Hat there are big hills?" Then I thought about the river and the valley, yes Longarm you doo have some big hills.....how's that etec enyways?

Haha, and I would have busted ya for it :)

Ya the buddy is north of the Hat on the 41 hiway and some nice deep coulees, so if there is enough snow, they are great hills to climb and practice on...

The E-Tech?? Well, I have to say for the VERY short time I have ridden it, I love it. Feels more powerful than my 2010, but hadles night and day different. Seems to be able to lay over much easier, and there wasnt much snow. I am still torn, I love the Cats, but want the suspension and high tech engineering of the Doo...I hated my Everest at first last year, tried to sell it or trade it off because I hated riding it. By the end of the season, I had definitly decided to keep working with it...The E-tech on the first ride, I was all smiles, it handles that much better, but I really need to get it in some real snow...

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we all been rideing along, standing up holding on with one hand thinking were cool, and hit a little bump and bam were on our face in the snow! Sh@t happens!

Noodles51

Reaction score
Great post! Wish I had mine on tape. I was crossing a road hit the windrow, front end went up, flew across the road only to hit the windrow on the other side. This time the back end came up, hit me in the but knocking me over my bars, planting my head between the bars and the windsheld. This forced my throttle hand into a wide open postion. I can't release it becasue I am doing a hand stand on the bars. I managed to stop when I hit a tree!! lol and stilling laughing about it.

Top Bottom