Makes me sick-Manitoba Elk Slaughter

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to us years ago mule deer hunting around manitou lake sask. after a few days of seeing next to nothing we talked to the locals and some guys Indians with freezer trucks came and cleaned up the year or two before.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to revise the rules around Aboriginal rights. Let 'em hunt using traditional methods only. No modern weapons or transportation.

Then again.....they used to stampede Buffalo over cliffs.

Never mind! :realmad:

There was lots of buffalo till the white man came and killed them all for fun. And it sure wasnt the natives that placed a point system on the racks of animals.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was lots of buffalo till the white man came and killed them all for fun. And it sure wasnt the natives that placed a point system on the racks of animals.

Oh please. The current trophy hunter will pass up 50 animals to get the one they want. The natives will go shoot the first 10 that they cross paths with. Male female young Doesn't matter. I hunt for meat and trophy. If at the end of the season I didn't get anything then I didn't. Doesn't mean I didn't pile ch!t loads of money into the economy with all my hunting trips and get up!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back when the natives use to run herds of buffalo off cliffs nothing went to waste, right down to the bones which were used for tools. Unfortunately I don't believe that's the case anymore with both natives and white man. And as far as the white man being responsible for killing them off, pretty sure natives running herd of them off cliffs didn't help the population either. People have to learn to stop pointing fingers because there is always three that point back. The point system for animals comment was a good one. I remember going to a girlfriends place on a reserve about 20 years ago and seeing a skinned deer or something hanging in a yard in the middle of summer. It looked like it was there for dog food or something the way the bottom half was chewed up.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
quit painting all the whites with the same brush Brother. Some would call that racist. And Im going to call bullsh!t on the "all for fun" comment. probably did it for the money no? Anywase move on...the buffalo are gone and its 2013 now not 1850.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quit painting all the whites with the same brush Brother. Some would call that racist. And Im going to call bullsh!t on the "all for fun" comment. probably did it for the money no? Anywase move on...the buffalo are gone and its 2013 now not 1850.
Never have painted all the whites with the same brush. I get along with everyone unless they piss me off. I have friends of every color and creed, three grown step children who are white and proud. Just get tired of all the native bashing on here. As for the buffalo yes they are long gone but it would be nice if there was more of them.

Attachments

• bison2.jpg
    bison2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 125
  • bison.jpg
    bison.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 128
  • buffalo.jpg
    buffalo.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 125

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on, white people aren't the reason for all your problems, buffalo herded out, "idle no more". We are grown ups, don't play the blame game like a 4 year old niece and nephew play

I cause my own problems and dont blame anybody for them. Its what other people say thats when i speak up for my culture. A lot of people on here like to jump on the native bashing bandwagon and thats one wagon i would love to burn.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Im not saying the whiteman didnt kill all the fawkin buffalo, I really dont know that much about history. what i can say forsure is that they sures hell didn't do it for "fun". They did it for the money and weren't that smart about it as far as conservation I guess. Need to get "past" that now and live in the now with your fellow Canadians. No need these days to go out and spear yourself a tatonka. This mother fckr right here is done paying debt to the indians for what ever took place a hundred plus years ago. Id like to stick around and chat but I have to go now and put in a 14hr day so I can afford to fix my roof this spring.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not saying the whiteman didnt kill all the fawkin buffalo, I really dont know that much about history. what i can say forsure is that they sures hell didn't do it for "fun". They did it for the money and weren't that smart about it as far as conservation I guess. Need to get "past" that now and live in the now with your fellow Canadians. No need these days to go out and spear yourself a tatonka. This mother fckr right here is done paying debt to the indians for what ever took place a hundred plus years ago. Id like to stick around and chat but I have to go now and put in a 14hr day so I can afford to fix my roof this spring.

I hear ya i pay my taxes also. I gotta work all week so i can go ride on the weekend and if you need a hand with the roof. I will be more than willing to give you hand.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on, white people aren't the reason for all your problems, buffalo herded out, "idle no more". We are grown ups, don't play the blame game like a 4 year old niece and nephew play
Of course a good chunk of a generation were taken from their families and herded into residential schools. That wasn't all that long ago, many of them are still around and most of their children (that haven't committed suicide or been otherwise ended) are still around too. Idle no more started as a protest against 2 bills passed basically without debate that stripped environmental regulation and changed the way Government deals with the native community. It has nothing to do with Chief Spence's sorta hunger strike. According to Treaty, the Government cannot unilaterally change the way they deal with first nations. That is law. They did, now the natives are protesting. As far as I understand it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course a good chunk of a generation were taken from their families and herded into residential schools. That wasn't all that long ago, many of them are still around and most of their children (that haven't committed suicide or been otherwise ended) are still around too. Idle no more started as a protest against 2 bills passed basically without debate that stripped environmental regulation and changed the way Government deals with the native community. It has nothing to do with Chief Spence's sorta hunger strike. According to Treaty, the Government cannot unilaterally change the way they deal with first nations. That is law. They did, now the natives are protesting. As far as I understand it.
oops, wrong thread....

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will not have to worry about that herd reproducing. If everyone else knows that the elk are in short supply why would a group that is suppose to know better do something like this?
Because they can!!!!!!!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
video lacks al kinds of info, no idea how many hunters, how many they intend to feed etc. looks like it is perfectly legal, otherwise there would be more in the news. these videos just feed the california do gooders. same as they find a drunk on a sled, now anyone who has a beer is a drunk, friggin azzholes in my book. i'm thinkin i need a friggin full auto so i can go postal

Top Bottom