M8 has no go

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Making a post for a friends 2008 M8 that won't run. He was riding it last year and turned around then stopped running, and hasn't ran since.

Checked the tether, the throttle override, and the kill switch(tested with multi-meter). A dealer (that won't be named) told him it was his TPS and replaced it, for it to still not run and then say it was his stator, for THAT to be replaced and still won't run. Ignition coils are in spec, as are both pick-up coils. The reeds were cracked and were replaced also.

The spark is good but we still replaced the spark plugs, Compression is at 140psi in 3 pulls, fuel pressure is good. This thing SHOULD be running. Hoping someone has some suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
strange damn that must be a nerve tester!!! sorry bro, wish I could be of some use, but you've mentioned all that I could think of off the top of my head :$

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
have you tried an ecm?? and does it have a boondocker on it? also there is a 15 amp fuse just off the ecm.
is there nitrous on it.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did this when i 1st installed the BDbox it was a crossed connection on the harness to the injectors .....Even know it came off another 06m7 mine was different for some reason.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
should still run.. but it would come up with a injector fault code. my money is on the ecm or that fuse

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fuse is good, and I was kind of thinking the ecu as well, but he said he put it on a friends M1000 and it ran. I'm going to try the ecu off my 2009 m8 ipretty soon here

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
get some dielectric grease and go through every connection, then put some fuel down the cylinders and pull if it fires then it will take some of the guess work out, also pull the plugs and test the spark. got to get back to basics..... it aint rocket appliances

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it has spark and compression i would check fuel pressure maybe has some but not enough,put a little fuel into the cyls and if it flashes up you know where to go from there:beer:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it wouldn't be the small clear tube off the side of the ecu plugged up maybe???

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should still run.. but it would come up with a injector fault code. my money is on the ecm or that fuse

No i didnt have the two injectors opisite .....The wires goin to each injector from be bdbox had to be switched around .....Red where green was and green where red was

mattthegreat

Reaction score
hey so my buddy started this post for my sled i think we got it narrowed down but still need help when you grab the wireing harness it will run as soon as you let it go it dies he checked for a broken wire in multiple spots and cant find any wires broken be fore i take it into a dealership agian and get screwed wondering if anyone has some ideas or if anyone has a wiring harness they are selling i know that one would be a needle in a hay stack but i though i would give it a try

CHEERS MATT:beer:

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a wiring harness for sale on ebay.. not sure if it is still there or not

Top Bottom