M8 bad vibration in tunnel

BigPhilly

Reaction score
Bad vibration felt in skid under load??? Maybe DD? I'm going to rip the skid frame out and change all bearings in my idler's. Any other ideas are appreciated thank you

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spin the track by hand, if it goes tight loose the driveshaft is bent. Remove rotor and check the bearings in behind there. Drain the oil out of the DD and see if you get chunks.

cdnsledder

Reaction score
For me it was where my skid bolts to the tunnel (front). One bolt was loose and then gone. New bolt+bushings and nut = Easy fix. But that was because i didnt tighten it wheni put it in... Ugh.

BigPhilly

Reaction score
Ok so I totally ripped my sled apart and am still not having any luck spun the track felt smooth all the way, removed the dd and inspected surprisingly in excellent condition will change bearings for posterity sak, removed skid and drive shaft and checked all bearings found nothing that would cause a vibration that would shake the teeth out of you head!! Inspected secondary looks good not cracked, could it possibly be an issue with my primary? I am stumped!! Thanks for your help

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Put it all back together, put ass end of sled in air on stand, get someone to press throttle so track spins, look underneath at your drivers/jackshaft, i'll bet right now thats whats bent, because that happened on my sled. If the drivers/jackshaft are moving up and down when spinning, its bent forsure.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you by chance change your track? is this sled new to you?

just sayin cuz the challenger extreme is a gnarly vibration machine if your not use to it.

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you try a new belt. My wifes M8 was doing the same thing until I changed the belt and the vibration (chatter) was gone.

BigPhilly

Reaction score
I bought the sled brand new and haven't felt this before its a pretty violent vibration, I actually herd that a belt can cause a bit of a vib so I did install a new one and no difference. thank you for your help.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issue! I'm feeling the vibration in deep snow and on hard packed, at first I thought it was just the terrain I was on but I can feel it even at low speeds! Any ideas? Curious to see if anyone else had this issue and what was found?

thanks in advance!

tcase82

Reaction score
I am now in the same boat too, my vibration changes with the speed I am going. Low speed you don't really feel it but as you get pick up speed the vibration seems to feel the worse at 3/4 throttle especially on groomed trails. I am guessing its my drive shaft because as said in previous posts, the track goes tight loose tight. As if some was grabbing the brakes. I have ruled out the new belt theory as I blew a belt and put a new one on and the vibration was still there. While braking the brakes feel as if the rotor is warped. Has anyone felt the same feeling while having a bent drive shaft or wore out bearing?

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I drained my DD oil and found some filings! That was my cue to open up the case and sure enough the 6203 bearing had failed! My guess is that once I get it back together that vibration might be gone.

Top Bottom