M7 dropping cylinder

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to pick up fuel pressure gauge today. Fuel pressure is 44 psi. Talked to dealer about ecu flash for 06 M7, he said no such thing for M7 just for M8.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Foothills post was directed towards me . I have not yet contacted the dealerships you (FOOTHILLS) posted phone #s for. The reason is Welder488 is having the exact same problem and already has his M7 in at a dealership. Welder488 has been kind enough to keep me informed on what the dealership does to fix his sled.

m7mod

Reaction score
I am going to try running that line different now mine does the same thing only at low elavation

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that rerouting the clear tube from the ecu will cure anything unless it is blocked with moisture, ice, kinked, or the hole is cover by something. Moving it did not do anything for my sled. I think routing it to a warmer or cooler spot may result in the ecu allowing a very very small change to the fuel mixture. Just my personal opinion. The last dealership i talked to said that the temp sensor in the airbox may have a larger role to play when it comes to a bog.

Mr_Dutch

Reaction score
I have just bought a used 06 m7 and have found mine to be doing the same thing, I find that it acts up more when the weather is cold. I tried a higher octane fuel 101 octane and it never helped, so I am also at a loss. Its irratating cause my buddy's 96 Mach 1 670 just eats my m7 which is unnaceptable.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have just bought a used 06 m7 and have found mine to be doing the same thing, I find that it acts up more when the weather is cold. I tried a higher octane fuel 101 octane and it never helped, so I am also at a loss. Its irratating cause my buddy's 96 Mach 1 670 just eats my m7 which is unnaceptable.

Stick with the 87 octane as it says in the Manual. Never tryed higher octane in mine but was told it would run like A$$

And yes the 670 eating your m7 is unnaceptable lol:beer::beer::beer:

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welder488 was in contact with me and informed me that the dealership found a faulty coil. I am sure he will post here after he takes his M7 for a test run. I also have read and been told that running too high of an octane fuel can cause some issues. No use paying for premium if you dont need to.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everyone says use 87,i had it in mine and bogged then i took it out added 91 bogged even more i thought.Guys have said the manual recommends 87 but i think i will get 89 just incase a guy gets a bad batch.But in my case the dealer said it had a bad coil so i can't say anything about the fuel.
The guy that had mine i talked to him he said he never had a problem with it and always used 91 octane and said that's what it recommend in the manual..I dunno
I'll let you guys know how she runs this weekend.If it still has the same problem, FOR SALE 06 M7 141

Mr_Dutch

Reaction score
I Just took the hood of my sled and just put a foam filter over the intake. This seemed to help a whole bunch, which makes me suspect that one of the reeds is wrecked. I am going to find some aftermarket reeds for it, does anyone have any sugestions as to what type that I should be using?

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FOR SALE 06 M7 with low end bog.with new coil

Well i took it out same crap pretty much.Idles good and that's about it.
Took the airbox off nothing inside the box at all,looked inside the intake and see gas/oil standing inside.
Does this tell a guy anything?
It feels like it gets too much fuel when it burns it out that's when it seems to really go.
The clear tube was already pointed towards the steering pivot.
I dunno what else to try except going back to 87 octane.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FOR SALE 06 M7 with low end bog.with new coil

Well i took it out same crap pretty much.Idles good and that's about it.
Took the airbox off nothing inside the box at all,looked inside the intake and see gas/oil standing inside.
Does this tell a guy anything?
It feels like it gets too much fuel when it burns it out that's when it seems to really go.
The clear tube was already pointed towards the steering pivot.
I dunno what else to try except going back to 87 octane.

That sucks dude. I was hoping to hear the problem was fixed. Sounds like it is getting too much fuel at some point in the throttle position? What about having dealer re-flash computer back to stock settings? Is there a O2 sensor in the pipe on these sleds? What about unplugging temp sensor in airbox? Will it run without it?

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm not very mechanically inclined...lol
I know a few thing not alot,no sensor on the pipe.As for the other plugs i'm more afraid of damaging something.I'd rather have someone who knows this kinda stuff look at it.
I'll ask them about re-flashing if possible.I like Argyll but what i hate is they don't have anyplace to test the sled out.Driving around the building won't tell you the story you need to take out for a good ride and see what happens.
It's just boggling,bought the sled 7 weeks and can't even drive the thing proper.Don't haven't even put 100kms on the sled yet.
If anyone wants to take a look please do.

M7Plus

Reaction score
Try calling C.C Cycle in westlock i heard he knows how to fix this. I will be calling in on monday to ask about mine as well. After 1700 Miles I thought the bog was just a part of that sled that i sort of got used to, but now i have seen an M7 that USED TO bog just like mine, and now it runs great! Time to fix the problem!

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be a sticky injector i guess, a bit of work but a simple way to diagnose would be to pull the rail and swap the injectors side to side and see if the side that looks like its overfueling changes with the injector. it doesnt sound like an injector though the way you described it running fine until you go to full throttle. have you checked the ground connections as well very important on the efi system running properly. if it hasnt ran the same since the impact one would expect something got jarred loose that is causing your greif, thats why i would think electrical.

we swapped the injectors not has changed ,put stock can on no change...Were is the ground connection on these sleds?

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the one cylinder seems to be getting too much fuel can a guy fix that on his own or does it have something to do with the ecu.The clutch side always no matter if you plug wires or injectors.
I hold it bar in an open field and get 55kph on the hard pack 75kph

Mr_Dutch

Reaction score
I just took my Engine Management Computer of and took it in to CC cycle in Westlock. They told me that it has never been reflashed, apparently if it has been done there will be felt markings on the bottom of it. So I would check yours to see if it has ever been reflashed, I was talking to the mechanic and he says that arctic cat had a couple of software updates for this sled to fix fuel management issues.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the M7 booked into CHUNK MOTORSPORTS in High River on Tuesday. Will post what they find is wrong with M7.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jim at CC cycle in Westlock is a very smart man....780-349-3343

Top Bottom