Loyal Polaris Fan!? 600 cfi broke down

2010_rmk

Reaction score
I thought polaris had fixed the problems that they had with the 2008 and 2009 "clean fire injection". Driving on the lake today doing 60 and the hole sled shuts down. Check my power connections look fine. Take a look at my plugs one plug is light brown and the other is white with what looks like small aluminum on it. Put two new plugs in it drove for a bit and sounds like it's running on one cylinder. Check the plugs again the light brown side the same and the other side is now covered in oil and gas (wet, black).

Called it a day, towed it to the truck :rant:

2010_rmk

Reaction score
Going to drop the sled off at the dealer tomorrow!! My trade in sled (600 xc sp) had 8900miles on it with orginal clutch and motor!! Any help on any other problems with 2010 sleds??

chris :beer:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard of any engine issues at all. Ours didn't last long enough to find out, both stolen with only 225 and 350 miles on them.

2010_rmk

Reaction score
Droped the sled off at the dealer today. They are saying i got water in my fuel without even looking at the sled lol. Are the air boxs on these sleds still a problem??

chris

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really don't think so, we rode in powder pushing over the hoods and not an issue with four D7's and 8's over a whole weekend.

Last trip to Mcbride, I smacked a tree and there was 1.5" gap in the seal because the front end pushed the hood back and all I did was put some paper towel in the gap to help seal it, and not an issue during that trip eigther.

Wait and see what the dealer confirms.

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Droped the sled off at the dealer today. They are saying i got water in my fuel without even looking at the sled lol. Are the air boxs on these sleds still a problem??

chris

Isn't that typical, any way out they can use!!! I melted the shivs on my primary(all stock sled) Took it to local polaris dealer here in Lloyd and they told me I took it in too much snow. hahahahahahaha why buy a mountain sled then???? Good luck hope your dealer treats you better than me!:beer:

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hope u get good service. every sled has there problems. keep us posted good or bad. dosnt sound like water. could be a couple things tho. it go into limp mode and not rev over 5 or 6000 rpm? i had a crank seal do that.

2010_rmk

Reaction score
Got off the phone with the polaris dealer, my sled is going to need a new short block and jugs. The reason for the motor going is that the orignal oil pump wasn't working properly. The total including labour would be a $4700 job. Look's like i will be getting a extended warranty.......

2010_rmk

Reaction score
Latest news on my sled is a whole new motor! I haven't asked polaris if they are giving me a one year warranty with this motor? But i did go to the dealer and ask how much for a extended one year warranty and they want $1200 cdn(They also cut the coverage back by 50%) my jaw droped and i said i will think about it.

A:rant:

2010_rmk

Reaction score
i hope u get good service. every sled has there problems. keep us posted good or bad. dosnt sound like water. could be a couple things tho. it go into limp mode and not rev over 5 or 6000 rpm? i had a crank seal do that.

The oil pump was not working correct since new 1500 miles on the sled. No limp mode just shut right off.

Reichel

Reaction score
Got off the phone with the polaris dealer, my sled is going to need a new short block and jugs. The reason for the motor going is that the orignal oil pump wasn't working properly. The total including labour would be a $4700 job. Look's like i will be getting a extended warranty.......

Have the same sled never been in the mountains......all trail,ditch,and lake miles.....shut down going 60 and ran on one cylinder after that.....brought it to the dealer and it had to have a new cylinder and jugs??? I got it back and broke it in again and 100 miles later it happens AGAIN!! No compression in the same piston

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a Yamaha. End of discussion.

The guys looking for help/advice on a polaris product. I am sure you love your 1200 pound yamahahaha. There is a Yamaha section.....keep your coments there !!!

Top Bottom