Love my chevy but....

bansheesrule

Reaction score
Hey everyone i was just wondering if other chevy owners have the problem as me!!

I have a 03 silverado and the power windows are so darn slow going back UP! When they froze up this winter they never had enough power to even get unstuck to go DOWN! Is this normal? I actually had to pull over and help my window up one time. :beer:

bansheesrule

Reaction score
This is my baby! Never not loved this Chevy!:d

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 29

bansheesrule

Reaction score
I have door poppers, i hit the remote and it opens!!

I've had the truck stolen,broke-into and vandalized alot so the last time it happened i was choked and shaved both doors.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Couple of scenarios...........

The power window motors could be weak, in which case the motors will have to be replaced.

The power window regulators, and sliders are all seizing up, due to dry, corrosion, rust. You might take the door panels apart and liberally spray some kind of lubricant inside and around the regulator(gears, linkages, lift assembly) and get all the pivot points and rollers and slides(you can use a good grease on the rollers and slides).

The window felts on the sides of the window can be dry and you can use a good silicone spray inside these. Spray them quite liberally with the silicone spray.......

Hope this helps.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if im not mistaken there may be a recall on this, one of the girls i work with her windows were like then, then her drivers door wouldnt lock, everything made the noise and lights flrashed but the door would stay unlocked.

i guess has somethign to do with the water or something getting into the door.

DONT QUOTE ME ON IT. lots of ppl have that same problem out there

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you said it " love my chev but....." wished you bought a ford (some class) LOL :alol2::rollinglaugh:

sorry had to say it some one was bound too

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 04 GMC 3/4 ton 6.0L and the both windows were slow in the winter. my 07 has been good until this winter. When its -25 or colder they are really slow and the driver side stopped for the first time the about a week ago. i found if you let it sit for a few seconds and rev the motor a little it comes back up.

powderpusher

Reaction score
check on line for recalls as i had a 03 crewcab with the same problem pretty sure it was fixed under warranty as it had something to do with a wiring harness and possibility of catching fire

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The window regulators have cables,no gears. Spray the tracks and the pulley's with a lithium grease. ALL gm's trucks I've ever drove,the windows freeze up,including 2010's

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my '06 GM ps window was slow and a mechanic buddy took a regular sharpened pencil and ran the lead between the window and the felt trim several times back and forth....worked like a charm! I had to laugh....but pencils are made with graphite, makes sense.

Top Bottom