Loosing Boost?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im lost.......I still cant get over 14-15 PSI at 6300 feet today......it pulls good and lag is min.....but I need to get 18-19 PSI....I miss that extra fun.....WTF! I know there is no exhaust leaks because I put my hand over tail pipe and try to plug it off and it feels like it is going to blow out the donuts.......plus I had the exhast out 500 miles ago and re gasketed it all........it did have that 1/2 inch hose that was blown.......just dont get why it will make 25 PSI below 5000 feet but just wont get past 15 with boost controler right out up high........

anyone?????

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MCX 310 kit.......besides the 4 main tubes going to the intake and the main in from the turbo......and 2 half inch lines going to the fuel reg and one 1/8 line going to blow off valve, and same size going to boost gauge......it there any other hoses that Im missing?it makes crazy boost at the lake ( 2000 feet) so it cant be a leak........or can it?

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go thru it all again, it has to be leaking somewhere, or alternately fuel supply. Can only be one or both of the two. IMO

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go thru it all again, it has to be leaking somewhere, or alternately fuel supply. Can only be one or both of the two. IMO

but why does it go over 25 psi if I stay down in elavation? at home (2000) it will bouch the needle off 25 plus if I turn the boost up? if it had a leak it should effect boost at all elevations? should it not?

clay923

Reaction score
Hi guys I have an impulse turbo and mine is doing the same thing below the cabin it will hit 15lbs at 8900 rpm, start climbing above the cabin it will go down to 9-10lbs at 8200 rpm, had some super tips in it, just installed dalton weights for easier wieght adjustment, im thinking it may have to much weight in the primary. This is my first turbo so im a newbie. How much primary wieght should i be running at 6000ft and also how much tension on the secondary is needed as im using a shockwave helix

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but why does it go over 25 psi if I stay down in elavation? at home (2000) it will bouch the needle off 25 plus if I turn the boost up? if it had a leak it should effect boost at all elevations? should it not?

the manual controller only controls to a certain range. mine did the exact same thing. exactly the same! im not sure if it was the manual controller or what it was exactly they adjusted but the guys at SLY are the guys that adjusted it for me to give me a different boost range at higher elevations. if im not real careful i can hit 25 psi at 2000ft. but i can turn it down a few clicks and its good. and the sky is the limit up top too.

lschwitz

Reaction score
i hade my fillter break apart check to see if steel center is in filter it is just the right size to go in all the way to turbo and plug off the air but not all it will not pick up the boost .it will run as if no turbo up to 6500 rpm then sputer

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the manual controller only controls to a certain range. mine did the exact same thing. exactly the same! im not sure if it was the manual controller or what it was exactly they adjusted but the guys at SLY are the guys that adjusted it for me to give me a different boost range at higher elevations. if im not real careful i can hit 25 psi at 2000ft. but i can turn it down a few clicks and its good. and the sky is the limit up top too.

well my controler goes from 10-25 at 2000feet and 10-15 at 6000 feet....last year I could get 18 I thought up top! what should a MCX 310 kit put out for boost?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hade my fillter break apart check to see if steel center is in filter it is just the right size to go in all the way to turbo and plug off the air but not all it will not pick up the boost .it will run as if no turbo up to 6500 rpm then sputer

I dont have a filter....but just a fog skin sock type cover over the intake can.......can see the impeller......I just dont get why it builds high boost down low,but less up top?

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the lowest mine will go at 2000 ft is about 10 or 12 psi. but i have seen mine go up to 18 19 psi at 8200ft and i can turn the dial quite a bit more. but i dont wanna do that! lol

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your gonna put the track on yourself id just run the maverick for the rest of the season. its not the greatest track but it'll save you some loot and get ya flyin again. i'd be willing to bet you'll find a good 162 on kijiji or something. lots of guys are putting 174s on.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your gonna put the track on yourself id just run the maverick for the rest of the season. its not the greatest track but it'll save you some loot and get ya flyin again. i'd be willing to bet you'll find a good 162 on kijiji or something. lots of guys are putting 174s on.

is the maverick going to gernade? or will paddles break and thats it?

Top Bottom