Looking for a "newer" sled

Sekeith

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am looking into getting a newer sled and am having trouble deciding on what to get. I am just getting into the sport and had a lousy experience with my 01 RMK 800 (not that I don't like polaris, just this particular sled left a bad taste for me).

I figure I'll most likely be looking into a mountain sled because I want to get a ton of use out of it and it seems like that's where the snow usually is (unless I'm mistaken). I basically want something I could confidently shred deep powder in and use to haul myself and my buddies up trails for back country skiing if I should ever go back to Mcbride B.C.

So thoughts and opinions would be welcome, I'm hoping to spend in the $7000.00 range as I'll also need a decent trailer to haul this new toy on.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the crazy prices on new sleds at T&T.....search the "dust off your wallet" thread....

why buy a used ??? when for 8-10K, you can buy a new, with warranty non-current Cat.....from the bestest dealer in Alberta....can't go wrong but you have to act fast.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Have you seen the crazy prices on new sleds at T&T.....search the "dust off your wallet" thread....

why buy a used ??? when for 8-10K, you can buy a new, with warranty non-current Cat.....from the bestest dealer in Alberta....can't go wrong but you have to act fast.

Exactly what I was thinking!!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

X2 - with a new machine you have warranty, and you know how it's been kept, and you won't find a better dealer then T&T IMHO.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am looking into getting a newer sled and am having trouble deciding on what to get. I am just getting into the sport and had a lousy experience with my 01 RMK 800 (not that I don't like polaris, just this particular sled left a bad taste for me).

I figure I'll most likely be looking into a mountain sled because I want to get a ton of use out of it and it seems like that's where the snow usually is (unless I'm mistaken). I basically want something I could confidently shred deep powder in and use to haul myself and my buddies up trails for back country skiing if I should ever go back to Mcbride B.C.

So thoughts and opinions would be welcome, I'm hoping to spend in the $7000.00 range as I'll also need a decent trailer to haul this new toy on.

Dont let a lemon make your mind up about a brand... One thing you will figure out eventually (or hopefully not)... Quite a few people on this website have stuck by a particualr brand even though they have had the odd ups and downs... EVERY brand has! Good info there.... Used right now is NOT the answer in my opinion... especially for someone like yourself that has had a bad expereince.... Warranty will do wonders for putting your mind at ease....Cat, Doo AND polaris have some stellar rebates out right now and you can pick up a new sled for the same sometimes LESS than what people are asking for used right now! but yes.. have a look at that thread I think it was put up by femme.fatal... There is a whole price list of brand new sleds... Compare those with kijiji right now and your mind should be made up pretty quick!

Last edited:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 summit x 154 with flex edge track and t motion skid. MBRP can. DJ clutch kit. 3200 km on it. Skidoo offered a recall on their top ends. So it had a new top end installed at 2000 km. Sled runs amazing. Never a hiccup. Located in kelowna. But would be willing to deliver as I do drive back and forth to Fort mac about once or twice a month. It also has a cover extra belt and extra DESS key. Hoping for a quick sale of 7800 as I'm looking to snow check a 2016.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I have a 2011 summit x 154 with flex edge track and t motion skid. MBRP can. DJ clutch kit. 3200 km on it. Skidoo offered a recall on their top ends. So it had a new top end installed at 2000 km. Sled runs amazing. Never a hiccup. Located in kelowna. But would be willing to deliver as I do drive back and forth to Fort mac about once or twice a month. It also has a cover extra belt and extra DESS key. Hoping for a quick sale of 7800 as I'm looking to snow check a 2016.

That is a good buy... 2011's are a different breed in the used market thanks to that recall... that really wasn't needed lol.

C-Tracey

Reaction score
Website
www.sponsorhouse.com
IMHO T&T is the way to go, the deals Terry has on right now are un-beatable. And if there ever is a problem with it, his service team in the back is just as awesome. You don't even have to go in there to get it, you can do it all over the phone and he can usually arrange a ride for your sled to where ever you are. He's just an all around great guy and the best dealer in Alberta.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
IMHO T&T is the way to go, the deals Terry has on right now are un-beatable. And if there ever is a problem with it, his service team in the back is just as awesome. You don't even have to go in there to get it, you can do it all over the phone and he can usually arrange a ride for your sled to where ever you are. He's just an all around great guy and the best "artic cat" dealer in Alberta.

Fixed it for you....lol

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a nice low km 2012 x for sale but you would need more cash than your budget

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some great deals on AC right now, but all of those prices are plus freight,dealers prep and tax. Since you be inAlberta a private sale isn't going to have any of those. Since the OP needs to buy a trailer as well, he probably actually has a budget of 6200 for the sled, knock it down to 5500 so you have some money to go over a used sled and replace worn parts and that is the actual money you can spend. Since I know AC I'd suggest a 2010,2011 AC M800. I'm am sure there is a Doo or Polaris in the same price range.

Top Bottom