Looking for a "newer" sled

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Felt way heavier and sluggish compared to my 2011. It's wider and heavier And the throttle response isn't on parts compared to the etec. Which is very nice when you are in tight sticky situations. I don't know how much you ride the mountains but if you plan to ride a fair bit you want to get into something a little newer in technology And reliability. Not saying you should buy mine but for the 2500 difference between a 08 and 11 you will be much happier on an 11

Sekeith

Reaction score
So I wanted to do a little bit of research before I committed to an 08 doo and I have been told there were issues with the "ported" tracks? From what I'm told they were designed for weight reduction (which didn't make a huge difference) but that compromised integrity and they have a higher tendency to rip. Anyone here experienced this or know anything about it? The only info that I can find online is that some people have problems with it and some don't. It seems like all of the 08 summits that I've look into so far have the same "ported" style track and I don't want to get stranded or destroy my sled if that's a problem. I guess I'm mostly interested in knowing how far up chitt's creek I'll be if my track rips while I'm out riding (at which point I'll replace with a non-ported track)?

I'd really appreciate any info on this if you guys have any.

Last edited:

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst case if your track tears it's a 1500 dollar chopper bill to lift out your sled. Having said that I have not personally seen a ported track rip. They are are a bit more prone to getting a tree or a stick jammed in a port but again fairly rare and besides if your that worried about it there is a lot of used tracks to buy so just swap it out

Sekeith

Reaction score
For those interested I pulled the trigger on an 08 Ski Doo. Pretty stoked to get it out on the snow next season (if the weather keeps up like this there won't be any snow by the end of the this week). Guess I'll just have to pass the time away on the KTM haha.

Top Bottom