Looking for a gunsmith

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a good gunsmith? Want to get muzzle brakes put on a couple rifles. Heading to Alberta this weekend so could drop guns off anywhere from creston to central alberta

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deaner you should look into quinton here in Castlegar. Cantac machining. Aka cantac firearms. Google them.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out EM Precision Rifles, they are active in the Precision Rifle Series style rifle shooting and build that type of rifle and more.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard great things about corelanes too. I remember going there with friends over 20 years ago. Pretty far away though.

Was going to use bashaw but they are over 2 months wait. That's crazy. Plus they only do a radial brake. I think I'm going to go with alberta tactical. They came highly recommended from a very knowledgeable local guy as well.

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard great things about corelanes too. I remember going there with friends over 20 years ago. Pretty far away though.

Was going to use bashaw but they are over 5 months wait. That's crazy. Plus they only do a radial brake. I think I'm going to go with alberta tactical. They came highly recommended from a very knowledgeable local guy as well.

Thanks for the feedback
My buddy had AtRS put a brake on his 338LMAI. He was happy with the work, but the return shipping to him in his pelican case was super expensive.

I recall him saying the brake install is permanent, as in he can't reuse the brake when the barrel wears out . Which is unusual for brake install.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be dropping off and picking up so shipping isn't an issue. I hadn't even thought about having to replace a barrel. I can't see shooting enough to have to do that. How many rounds is a barrel good for?

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be dropping off and picking up so shipping isn't an issue. I hadn't even thought about having to replace a barrel. I can't see shooting enough to have to do that. How many rounds is a barrel good for?

What calibers?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tikka t3 25-06 and a remington 700 300 win mag. I love my win mag, I haven't bought the 25-06 yet, but my brother is gonna give me a sweet deal on it. Otherwise I might have went with a 6.5 creedmoor

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be good for thousands of shots, just don't heat the barrel up hard. Slower velocity loads are better for barrel life. Cleaning helps too.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are both probably 2000 round calibers. Though you can keep shooting them. Guys that are really into accuracy will throw out the barrel around that time.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are both probably 2000 round calibers. Though you can keep shooting them. Guys that are really into accuracy will throw out the barrel around that time.
I’d save the money for the brake on the 25/06, maybe slip a maxi-pad under your jacket?

Just kidding but the possible increased noise may not make it worth the effort, but opinions are like arseholes…

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d save the money for the brake on the 25/06, maybe slip a maxi-pad under your jacket?

Just kidding but the possible increased noise may not make it worth the effort, but opinions are like arseholes…
It's for my 7 and 9 year old

Reactions: DRD

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They^^^

Have you thought about trying the remington low recoil ammo for the 25-06 for the kids?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to hold off on the brakes for a while. My 9 year old shot it tonight and it really wasn't bad. The guy at alberta tactical was the one that actually kind of talked me into it.

Andrew.renegade1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a good gunsmith? Want to get muzzle brakes put on a couple rifles. Heading to Alberta this weekend so could drop guns off anywhere from creston to central alberta

K&s arms just off argyle road in Edmonton and 91st

You won’t be disappointed! Swiss family owners! Highly recommend !

Top Bottom