LOOKING for a group going to the big hills :)

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dHello looking for people that are heading to the mountians during the holidays. i HAVE OFF Dec 27 thru to the 2nd of Jan. I haven`t been to the mountians in 5 years but have missed them. I have riden in west yellowstone,cooke city,valemount, crowsnest. I would consider myself a average to above average rider. 40 yearold flatlander looking for a good fun safe trip. Im into riding powder and not much into high marking. I would be willing to drive a 4hour radius to meet up with others that are heading out

please let me know asap as i am heading to Mexico from Dec18th to the 26th

thanks in advance
darryl

ride is a 2008 m8 153:)

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Hummmmm....... thats funny, going to golden 23-26, going to mexico, 27-2..... frost bite to sun burn in 24 hours......

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dWell went to the big hills:d:beer: We went to Golden I would like to say a very big THANKS to MODMAN for showing me around Quartz and Gorman :awesome_dude: This guy is a great person to go to the hills with he is careful and knows his stuff. I was a little unsure if i would fit in the group but i was told i did okay for a flatlander LOL :) so i will take that as a compliment. LOL day one we went to Quartz and things were a little packed but we made the best of it. A couple of the guys had some problems with there sleds but once we got those ironed out the day went smoothly. Went to Gorman on day 2 and the weather was overcast and snowing so we were limited to what/where we could go but it was way better conditions(Snow) than Quartz. I had a awsome day and only played with the ghost riders once:rolleyes: I would highly recommend that if anybody is looking to go to the mountians and is needing somebody to ride with Modman is a class act.

thanks again Bart and i hope to ride with you and some of the guys in the Febuary long weekend if it works for me and you.:ThumbsupMsn: also thanks again for putting me up for the 2 nights. Any time your in Regina you and your wife are more than welcome to stay at our place. Let me know what the baby is when you have it. Thanks again for a good ride and a great experience.

special thanks to the girl in the bar for the entertainment that we all had that night :beer: well worth the cover charge.:danceMsn:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dWell went to the big hills:d:beer: We went to Golden I would like to say a very big THANKS to MODMAN for showing me around Quartz and Gorman This guy is a great person to go to the hills with he is careful and knows his stuff. I was a little unsure if i would fit in the group but i was told i did okay for a flatlander LOL :) so i will take that as a compliment. LOL day one we went to Quartz and things were a little packed but we made the best of it. A couple of the guys had some problems with there sleds but once we got those ironed out the day went smoothly. Went to Gorman on day 2 and the weather was overcast and snowing so we were limited to what/where we could go but it was way better conditions(Snow) than Quartz. I had a awsome day and only played with the ghost riders once I would highly recommend that if anybody is looking to go to the mountians and is needing somebody to ride with Modman is a class act.

thanks again Bart and i hope to ride with you and some of the guys in the Febuary long weekend if it works for me and you.:ThumbsupMsn: also thanks again for putting me up for the 2 nights. Any time your in Regina you and your wife are more than welcome to stay at our place. Let me know what the baby is when you have it. Thanks again for a good ride and a great experience.

special thanks to the girl in the bar for the entertainment that we all had that night :beer: well worth the cover charge.:danceMsn:

WOW! Thanks Warhawk. Those are some very kind words, not sure I deserve that much praise! I hope you had fun, that's the name of the game.

You set the bar very high for flatlanders! I would surely ride with you again, you looked like a seasoned mountain veteran, no rollovers!!! Unlike Kari.....LOL Thanks for all your help with Lon's sled, it was great to have your experience there to utilize. You were a great guy to ride with.

I'm dissappointed that the weather turned out to be what it was and that I could only ride with you for two days. Come back in the spring and we will find some sun and fun for sure. Silent is great in the spring, will make plans for that one for sure. I won't be riding the Feb long, this Sat will be my final ride until April. Gotta get things prepped for the baby etc etc. Will surely let you know what happens, if you need a place to stay on the stopover you are welcome to a bed in our house.

I have the vid uploaded just gotta do some splicing together on the transitions and will add some music, then fire you out a DVD. PM me an address and your 3 favorite songs.

You were great to ride with, hope you had fun and looking forward to riding with you again.

And yes - the bar star was quite a show :eek::d - thanks to the U of A for sponsoring the evening and for transportation :d LMAO

All the best - keep in touch.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Bart you deserve the pat on the back. I feel alot of guys would be unsure if they would want to take a flatlander to the mountians. Mountian guys love to ride and i just feel that they don't want to be held back because of a person that can't ride.
SO I guess the best advise that i can give to anybody on here is if you want to go to the mountians with people that go on a regular basis and you have never gone or have only gone once or twice. YOU MUST BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND YOUR ABILITYS AND tell that to the people that you are planning on going with. If you feel that you are all of that and pick a group that is really extreme I'll bet money on it that you will probably bring your sled home in a garbage bag. Also you might find that the next time that you want to go riding with them there answer might be ""well we aren't sure when we will be going or we have enough people already"

best thing is to be honest UP FRONT with the people you are going to go with and with yourself. If you do this you and them will have a great time..:beer:

Bart thanks again

\p.s mybuddy and his wife are going to golden this weekend. They are doing trail riding for the most part. He is driving a F6 (black) and his wife is driving a Z370 (blaCK/RED) What sled/s are you taking i will tell them to watch for you and say hiiiiiiii:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Bart you deserve the pat on the back. I feel alot of guys would be unsure if they would want to take a flatlander to the mountians. Mountian guys love to ride and i just feel that they don't want to be held back because of a person that can't ride.
SO I guess the best advise that i can give to anybody on here is if you want to go to the mountians with people that go on a regular basis and you have never gone or have only gone once or twice. YOU MUST BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND YOUR ABILITYS AND tell that to the people that you are planning on going with. If you feel that you are all of that and pick a group that is really extreme I'll bet money on it that you will probably bring your sled home in a garbage bag. Also you might find that the next time that you want to go riding with them there answer might be ""well we aren't sure when we will be going or we have enough people already"

best thing is to be honest UP FRONT with the people you are going to go with and with yourself. If you do this you and them will have a great time..:beer:

Bart thanks again

\p.s mybuddy and his wife are going to golden this weekend. They are doing trail riding for the most part. He is driving a F6 (black) and his wife is driving a Z370 (blaCK/RED) What sled/s are you taking i will tell them to watch for you and say hiiiiiiii:d

Awesome pointers for first timers, don't overstate your ability.

As for riding this weekend - I might be delayed a couple days, old motor is out of red sled, race gas motor is still sitting on the floor :D Should be in tonight but might not have enough time to finalize things and avy risk is high right now, needs to come down, so might back it out for this weekend and go one day next weekend, not sure yet. If I go I will look for them for sure. If we do go, we will probably have red sled, black sled and yellow sled.

Top Bottom