Looking at a new diesel 4x4 who has the most relieable

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
That explains it, I dont drink therefor my judgement is not clouded, you on the other hand blame them vibrations and noises in your vehicle on the booze.

I don't drink either! But I am clouded on where you are getting your figures from! While adding GM and Chevy together I will agree that the sales are closer but I think if Ford added the Lincoln and Ranger in as one entity with the F series it would be an outright slaughter! And a technicality would be something that happens in sports a word not best used for the biggest industrial failure in US history. LOL :beer:
Have a read for the 2009 I'm sure 2008 is no different just like the past 30 years: Top 10 best

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying the combining gm and chevy is like combining ranger and lincoln? Might as well combine caddy too then???? Like is said they are all junk. Find the most enjoyable to drive. If you think one truck is better then the other you need to wake up...or maybe start making commercials for them. It is funny how gm has the big three competition. When they do something better then the other two all three truck are compared. When one of the other trucks do something better suddenly they are not in the video. Same with the can am videos.

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to be keeping it for awhile then go talk to a Diesel Mechanic and see what they say then go check which has the best warranty as that would be the deciding factor as most new trucks aren't built to last like the older ones.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No was just getting at Ford and Lincoln and Ranger differ as does GM and Chevy I guess that's why they don't combine them for their sales statistics!? I dunno

Go to the link you provided, if you combine all GM corp trucks (GM, Chev, Colorado, Avalance, Escalade) and compare them to all Ford trucks, which includes the Ranger, Lincoln and the like, GM SLAUGHTERS Ford Motor Company. Thats why the adds always say "F Series" trucks.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't drink either! But I am clouded on where you are getting your figures from! While adding GM and Chevy together I will agree that the sales are closer but I think if Ford added the Lincoln and Ranger in as one entity with the F series it would be an outright slaughter! And a technicality would be something that happens in sports a word not best used for the biggest industrial failure in US history. LOL :beer:
Have a read for the 2009 I'm sure 2008 is no different just like the past 30 years: Top 10 best

Your link proves my point, the Silverado alone almost matched Fords sales, never mentioned GM did they.

2008 GM/Chev 633,609 in sales. F series, 515513 in sales
2009 GM/Chev 428386 in sales, F series 413625 in sales.

Where you going to hang your hat now?

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
I don't know what your adding together or why you are arguing with me but this link below is the one I provided now go read what is in the number one selling spot for 2009 and report back here your findings and put your calculator down just read!!? A couple posts back you clearly state what out sells what for 2008/09 I don't know where you get that but this thread is comparing reliable trucks only not GM's entire store..LOL Nobody cares on here that my Ford is better than your beater GM.
Top 10 best

Here is another link if your still unclear: 2008's Top Selling Cars and Trucks in U.S. Scorecard

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is for sure going to be one of those mine is better than yours threads guaranteed but a quick Google search quickly returns Ford as the top selling pick up truck (again) at 519,639 for 2011 vs dodge 218,000 and Chevy's 367,xxx there has to be a reason for that as numbers never lie! The point of all that is IMHO and 519,639 other people think Ford is the most reliable! :) :beer:

If you are going to stick your nose in and literally fawk up ANOTHER perfectly good thread,.. SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!! or GET LOST. All your type does is start forum arguments, I now try to avoid all types of threads like these because of people like you and ST. I jumped in just to tell you guys to put a cork in it and maybe you should give a proper apology to the OP for acting like morons.

If you have advice to give,.. then GIVE IT

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your link proves my point, the Silverado alone almost matched Fords sales, never mentioned GM did they.

2008 GM/Chev 633,609 in sales. F series, 515513 in sales
2009 GM/Chev 428386 in sales, F series 413625 in sales.

Where you going to hang your hat now?

READ my post above

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, well atleast this is all good for a laugh!! Who cares who outsells who, if it's reliability you wanna know about go to ANY diesel mechanics shop and ask...NOT dealers!! They all have their drawbacks and strong points.

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
If you are going to stick your nose in and literally fawk up ANOTHER perfectly good thread,.. SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!! or GET LOST. All your type does is start forum arguments, I now try to avoid all types of threads like these because of people like you and ST. I jumped in just to tell you guys to put a cork in it and maybe you should give a proper apology to the OP for acting like morons.

If you have advice to give,.. then GIVE IT

Actualluy retard read my post #4 and than read buddies post #8 and see why Im a bit pissed I provided solid facts and statistics for whoever started this thread and someone jumped all over me for not providing correct figures piont your finger somwhere eles and yes thanks for jumping couldnt resist could you! Moron.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasted time reading 4 pages of useless crap. Nothing but a couple wanna to be salesmen having a pissing match. Might as well jump in my dodge and drive to the office to pick up the chev company truck and figure out where I'm gonna be working today.

Brojoe

Reaction score
4 pages of nothing but crap. They all break down, best advice would be to take them all for a test drive and buy the one that feels the most comfortable. You can spend money on tires, lifts, chips, deletes etc after.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, there all good, its how you take care of them that matters......

andrew90

Reaction score
bottom line go with what you like best when new they all have warrenty and diesel policy is longer then your bumper to bumper!!! I worked at a gm dealer for over 5 years and know for a fact the duramax is a big pice of isuzu POS now work at a shop that does all late model diesels the front ends go on all 3 with dodge being the worst the trannys go on the dodges and since the 7.3 ford has had much of a motor (havent had alot of probleums with the 6.7 ford yet.......) so they all have their probleums so pick what you like best! i have a 2000 7.3 with almost 400 000 on it and have never dune a major repair (less then 1000 spent on the drivtrain other then maitnence) bought a new truk this year and because i dont truse any of the new diesels and i am a ford guy i went with a gas truck

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bottom line go with what you like best when new they all have warrenty and diesel policy is longer then your bumper to bumper!!! I worked at a gm dealer for over 5 years and know for a fact the duramax is a big pice of isuzu POS now work at a shop that does all late model diesels the front ends go on all 3 with dodge being the worst the trannys go on the dodges and since the 7.3 ford has had much of a motor (havent had alot of probleums with the 6.7 ford yet.......) so they all have their probleums so pick what you like best! i have a 2000 7.3 with almost 400 000 on it and have never dune a major repair (less then 1000 spent on the drivtrain other then maitnence) bought a new truk this year and because i dont truse any of the new diesels and i am a ford guy i went with a gas truck

Exactly, all of the new diesels are much less relieable then older ones. All of the emissions is killing them.

All of them are big piles of garbage money pits.

Up until my current truck, I had owned 5 Cummins and never gave me any engine trouble, even when modded heavily or over 300,000km. But my newest, lowest km, completely stock, has given me the most issues......Just depends if you get a good one or a pile of ch!t.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
READ my post above

Really now? The internet cops are out?

How about the fact that there have been about 329 threads asking basically the same thing in the past few months? Whats better, Ford, Dodge, Chevy? Just what we need another lazy ass not willing to research. How about getting on the op's case for not reading the other 328 threads? Maybe that is a tad tiresome.

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are all about the same imo, they all have there problems, pick what you like best... take them all for a test drive. and as for emission BS its all removable now a days.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really now? The internet cops are out?

How about the fact that there have been about 329 threads asking basically the same thing in the past few months? Whats better, Ford, Dodge, Chevy? Just what we need another lazy ass not willing to research. How about getting on the op's case for not reading the other 328 threads? Maybe that is a tad tiresome.

If you feel the subject is over done then move on to the next one and offer your vast knowledge.

Top Bottom