Logging road radios

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
am/fm with cd
no you can rent radios but you need to know what area and what the frequency is , every oil company and logging company share the lienceing in different area
best bet if you know where you are going stop at a radio shop and they can look up the area and tell you :djust my 2 centa

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I use a hand held VHF its a KENWOOD TK-2212. you can pick them up from most comm stores. they will program any channels you need, just let them know what area you will be using it in. if your tight with your radio dealer then you can ask him to leave your radio "open" after hes done programming it, this allows the user to program it in the field. the benefit to this is the ability to program in your own frequencies such as say.........the RCMP or S&R but really that illegal. I use a hand held because its really mobile, small and can fit in your backpack if needed. range of this unit is about 8-15 kms on receive and up to 20 transmit. which is usually plenty for log haul roads. battery will last up to 12 hours of use and charges on 12 volt.

Top Bottom