Local guy missing

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI EVERYONE HOPE THIS FELLOW IS FOUND I DO KNOW WHO HE IS I WILL NOT RELEASE THE NAME UNTIL HE IS FOUND (THE RADIO HAS THOUGH) AS THE WORST MAY NOW BE EXPECTED . WHAT HAPPEND YOU MAY ASK WELL 3 DAYS AGO HE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND WERE RIDING IN HIS RZR THEY WERE ATTEMPTING TO CROSS THE WAPITI RIVER WHEN THE CURRENT CAUGHT THE FRONT OF THE UNIT AND SWEPT IT AWAY SHE GOT OUT BEFORE HAND THE DRIVER DID NOT GET OUT ( HE CANT SWIM WELL FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND) THEY DID FIND THE SXS YESTERDAY A LONG WAYS DOWN STREAM BUT HE WAS NOT THERE PLEASE REMEBER THAT NO MATTER YOUR EXPERIENCE IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYBODY ( HE WAS WELL EXPERIENCED)

MAY OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS THAT HE CAN ATLEAST COME HOME FOR PIECE OF MIND TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS :thumbsdownm:

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i know him too and i haven't heard anything yet weather they found him keep us up to date with any info you may hear!

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn , hate to hear anything like this ........He is in my thoughts and I pray he is found well!! Just goes to show how fast your life can change , live life to the fullest !!

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
FYI...He was not trying to cross the river. The media could screw up a wet dream :mad: Jason (who I know and worked with along with his dad) and others were playing down on the Wapiti where a creek flowed into the river near Riverview Pines. They were moving out a little farther on each pass when the RZR found a deep hole and flipped at the creek mouth and was swept out into the river along with young Jason. She swam to shore but unfortunately he can't swim. A frantic 2 hr search was conducted once search and rescue was dispatched. The RZR was recovered and winched ashore. So far no news and yes the worse is suspected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that really sucks,My condolences to his family and friends.Man this ATV season isnt starting out to well,I just hope its not going to be a year of tragic events like are sleddin season was.Im gettin tired of telling my wife about people dieing doing the sports I live for,just makes her more nervous everytime I leave the house to go play.RIDE SAFE and always WEAR SAFTEY GEAR,can never have to much,it cant save you from everything but atleast you tried.I still find it hard to believe that out there in Alberta its not mandatory to wear a helmut,thats just foolish and does not teach your kids very good.I think the majority of ATVers should lobby th goverment for change of law,there will be those that biotch but your doin it more for future riders then the one stuck in the foolish ways.Anyways sorry to get of topic just had to say what was on my mind.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that really sucks,My condolences to his family and friends.Man this ATV season isnt starting out to well,I just hope its not going to be a year of tragic events like are sleddin season was.Im gettin tired of telling my wife about people dieing doing the sports I live for,just makes her more nervous everytime I leave the house to go play.RIDE SAFE and always WEAR SAFTEY GEAR,can never have to much,it cant save you from everything but atleast you tried.I still find it hard to believe that out there in Alberta its not mandatory to wear a helmut,thats just foolish and does not teach your kids very good.I think the majority of ATVers should lobby th goverment for change of law,there will be those that biotch but your doin it more for future riders then the one stuck in the foolish ways.Anyways sorry to get of topic just had to say what was on my mind.

i agree about helemts being mandatory for adults . They are for children under 16 i did ask the local sustanable resources about it and that is what they told me they do push for adults to wear them and agree that they should be mandatory they are trying to push the bylaw to be provincial some counties in alberta do make it mandatory though wich is a good thing

Top Bottom