Live Edge Wood Slabs

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on the site deal in live edge wood slabs, looking for a 6' long by 2-1/2" - 3-1/2" thick by 9-12' wide preferably maple slab ready to stain. looked at Windsor Plywood, nothing I liked, checked out a site down east but expensive to ship. Any help would be appreciated.

Turbofly

Reaction score
They are a bit hard but I find. Windsor is about the best bet I have found but u just have to look around at many of their different branches. They all have different pieces.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try wood chucks in the west end of edmonton, they do custom live edge there.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Black Forest in Calgary has a huge selection of exotic type wood and live edge slabs. Might be worth a call to them.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on the site deal in live edge wood slabs, looking for a 6' long by 2-1/2" - 3-1/2" thick by 9-12' wide preferably maple slab ready to stain. looked at Windsor Plywood, nothing I liked, checked out a site down east but expensive to ship. Any help would be appreciated.

Rona in Invermere has a few beauty pieces of fir at the front door in that size. I think they were $900-$1200. No maple around here.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come to Vancouver, bring a chainsaw and 24 beer and you can cut your very own chunk of maple. Any size you want.

I'd recommend Burnaby mountain, I knew a guy that did some falling there for Kinder Morgan's survey and got death threats at his home 5 hrs north.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a nice Black walnut live edge slab out at the Windsor Plywood in Leduc, thanks Jason. Great price and great selection.

coolcam

Reaction score
I'd recommend Burnaby mountain, I knew a guy that did some falling there for Kinder Morgan's survey and got death threats at his home 5 hrs north.

I think his wife got the brunt of those threats as they were calling his house. The cops that released his info should have been charged.
He's a great guy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$330 that included cutting to my dimensions and running it thru the planer.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I happy with my piece, hopefully I can finish it nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_3829.JPG
    IMG_3829.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom