Lights for the DOT's

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you think they will like this set up. Has taillights brakelights and turn signals.

Attachments

• lights 1.jpg
    lights 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 352
  • lights 2.jpg
    lights 2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 352
  • lights 3.jpg
    lights 3.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 352

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After the mess we drove home in on Sunday night from Sicamous to Calgary (9 hours start to finish) I think DOT should be much more concerned with the truckers not chaining up then looking for sledders not displaying enough light off the end of their decks.

Out of Revy passed 25 trucks stopped up to the corner where 2 had spun out side by side, one in the oncoming lane, and the other in the right.

Then stopped before Quartz coming into Golden for near an hour because more truckers got into a mess.

I know there are a few guys on here who run big trucks and I am sure they will say they always chain up but when you see guys passing the chain up areas and not chaining up when %90 of the other guys are you have to be :rant:.... of the very few guys we seen carrying sleds on decks, it should be a very small concern to DOT.

Cudo's to making the back of your sled more visable, seen one guy with the tail light on his sled wired up, but I believe it was the brake light, was almost too bright compared to the rest of his lights.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good setup but I think you went overboard, just marker lights are needed, not brake or turnsignals, I can see the extra brake light being good if driving in fog or blizzard, but since all we seem to do these days is quote the traffic act, i believe theres a section in there where it states that turnsignals have to be on the furthest outmost sides of the vehicle if that makes sense.:confused:

We should change the name of the site to "DOT Rules and Regulations......of ya and Snow and Mud":d

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I almost forgot..............................................Where's your flag for the daytime?:d

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't need a flag if I have the lights on it. And if the turn signal is an issue all I have to do is snip one wire and I am back to taillights and brake lights. Better to have more than not enough? Used these because they were easy to attatch to the back of the sled.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, I think the turn signals might cause some grief because they are not at the corners of your deck. The cops might not like that.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't need a flag if I have the lights on it. And if the turn signal is an issue all I have to do is snip one wire and I am back to taillights and brake lights. Better to have more than not enough? Used these because they were easy to attatch to the back of the sled.

The way you've got it backed up to the garage Blaine, you'll be fine. It will glow off that white door nicely.

whickey

Reaction score
Does anyone know if hanging a glowstick off the back of the sled will doo.Just a thought:d

My guess is no. I think when they say lights they mean lights. One guy might let you get away with it and the other may not.

Reaction score
If mind serves me correctly. It is flag by day ,light by night on a over length load!! Meaning hanging out pas:rules::rules:t the bumper..

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the rear light have to be within 1.5m of the ground?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to think if you have something back there they would give you a little bit of a break.

Top Bottom