lets talk clutching

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just trying to understand a little better,load how is it created and which is the best way, primmary spring ,helix, flyweight,combination of both,which do guys perfer, softer primary spring or harder.lots of flywheight with big finish on spring like 350 or small finish like 260 and less flyweight,and how those it effect track speed and everything else,i just cant seem to get a good idea of how this clutching works.

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes got it, so losing a little flyweight will make it rpm better of the line,so how do you maintain load,less finish on spring,or would it matter.

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have djs new helix and mountian ramps just want to try and grab the concept a little better thats all,djs new helix rocks.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u better have that clutching working right at the first weekend of march if u don't all u well c is snow flap of the CAT lol........:wavymsn::wavymsn:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone add SKI-DOO clutching to the thread title? Here I was hoping to be educated a bit in clutching with a REAL clutch ;)

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont have monster stickers but i did inflate track to 120 psi instead of 100 which equals 20 mph more for track speed.:devildancing:

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know what you are running for a sled,DJ's mountain ramps are a drop in for the 2007 summit 800's,if you already are running DJ's clutch kit you should not have to make any other changes.If for some reason you cannot pull rpm you can try and click up on your clutches if this does not help rpm you can drop some pin weight.DJ's primary spring is 160-350 which works great with his kit.Stock secoundary spring.With the mountain ramps your sled should see a little more mid range pull on a lower clicker number,when climbing the sled should drop a couple hundred rpm and then pull back to top rpm.:beer:

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks im running 860 with twin jaws djs new kit dj2 helix 175\360 spring his new one,mountian ramps i pull 20.5 grams with this set up 4000 to 7000 feet,no problems,i am only looking for more knowlege on springs load how they effect track speed etc just trying to educate myself,love the kit i was running a different kit before since i installed joes kit ive gain over ten mph track speed this kit pulls,pulls pulls,it wont quit pulling good job joe.

Top Bottom