"Lets come up with a decent Doo Goggle warmer/dryer" thread.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just thought I would start a thread to se any ideas on to having a proper goggle storage/drying thread to create input on the best method out there.

I have been told that the current DOO goggle bag is "OK" at best. It does not dry really good, but keeps your chit 'dry' to a point.

So far, as some threads/posts on this forum some have found a 'kind of' solution, but not the ultimate.

This is what this thread is for. I know it may seem pointless, but I am looking for ideas.

Today I did the unthinkable... I bought a POLARIS Goggle bag and decided to try to find a spot close to the exhaust and easily accessible while being effective.

Any input, thoughts would be welcome

I will post up any report I find, and I hope some of you also.

Thanks

Cuso

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard of guys removing the glove box above the headlight and drilling thousands of small holes in it so the heat an come and and through it. Not sure how effective it is but the concept is good

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought an Arctic Cat goggle bag a couple of years ago, because of the success Doo guys were having with it.

But........ my old iq chassis and under the hood design, didn't make it very compatible :(

I'll look for it this weekend, and post a pic of it.

I have never used it.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris one works great but needs to be above the exhaust.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure something out for this as well. I pack 3 sets of goggles and loved pulling dry sets out of the bag on the old m chassis. I am going to take the brp goggle bag bracket off(leaving the cvt cover) and make a new one out of expanded aluminum. I will be mounting a cat bag as it is vented quite well. Hopefully the extra heat and air movement will help. I was trying to figure out a way to fit a drying box plumbed into a mtntek blowhole. That would be the ultimate setup. Draw tons of heat from under the hood and tons of air movement to dry stuff. I just cant quite make it fit.

Barrops

Reaction score
I have zip tied an spare soft goggle bag that the goggles typically come in new, to the location on the CVT cover where the BRP one would go. It is definitely not the ideal set-up but cost next to nothing and was installed in about 10 minutes.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a RSI vented goggle bag at the location in the CVT. I also drilled a bunch of holes in the plastic sound deadening piece, might help with airflow. We'll see how it's goes this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a arctic cat goggle bag on the cvt cover before BRP brought there's out, it worked well except the bag only lasted two years and it started to come apart. Then I got the BRP one and I find you have to leave it half zipped up

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the arctic cat soft goggle warmer riveted to the top of my clutch cover on my xp. Works really well.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a 509 hard case fits perfectly in between panel\clutch. Have put many iced up pairs in there and in an hour they are dry and ready to go again.

grampoll

Reaction score
I use the arctic cat one. Place it where the battery would go on a non e-start.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a cheap goggle bag an put it on top of the clutch cover on my xm, I put it where the stock do one goes. It worked ok at first but the fine powder would get in and melt and keep the goggles wet. But then I bought that foam weather stripping tape from Canadian tire and sealed the top side of my panel, and wow did it work good! I could have snow coverd goggles throw them in there 1/2hr of ride they would be dry and warm! less then $30 to do the whole thing

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the problem with the doo bag is its designs for guys who ride hard enough to generate the heat required. :p lol

To be honest, im happy with my goggle bag on the cvt cover, i switch between 2 pairs of goggles and never have a problem. On the really cold days i could use a third set though as its hard to generate the heat and to ride hard enough to generate the heat required to dry out the goggles.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 479

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg We will see how this works. Will prob replace the front with something more breathable. If that don't work good I'm gonna mount a 12v fan on the back side of the mount. Defogging goggles is good but if you can dry them right out they last so much longer.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried mounting one where the battery would go and works great sometimes but if in fresh pow it comes through the footwell and just makes them wet.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just thought I would start a thread to se any ideas on to having a proper goggle storage/drying thread to create input on the best method out there.

I have been told that the current DOO goggle bag is "OK" at best. It does not dry really good, but keeps your chit 'dry' to a point.

So far, as some threads/posts on this forum some have found a 'kind of' solution, but not the ultimate.

This is what this thread is for. I know it may seem pointless, but I am looking for ideas.

Today I did the unthinkable... I bought a POLARIS Goggle bag and decided to try to find a spot close to the exhaust and easily accessible while being effective.

Any input, thoughts would be welcome

I will post up any report I find, and I hope some of you also.

Thanks

Cuso

Somewhere on S&M there is another goggle bag thread with pictures of the 1" holes drill from bag through clutch cover, screen in between, belt drafting moves air and in 20-30 min BAM!!!! DRY goggles.
1.5" holes would work better but I only had 1" hole saw. Don't forget one hole on top of bag a back to allow air flow through or else no worky with just 2 holes in the bottom!
I would post more pics but a work in da bush.

Regular doo bag in designed location.
Just putting that doo clutch heat to good use....finally.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somewhere on S&M there is another goggle bag thread with pictures of the 1" holes drill from bag through clutch cover, screen in between, belt drafting moves air and in 20-30 min BAM!!!! DRY goggles.

Regular doo bag in designed location.
Just putting that doo clutch heat to good use....finally.

I did that on my set up.

Top Bottom