Leaving DOO and getting PC M8 need input

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the 'doo was all black it would be a different story. that cat looks sweet, except for the homo Jeff Gordon 24 on the tunnel

You must spread reputation before giving to Teeroy again. Jeff Gordon...............right on. Lmao!!

M8BRUINS

Reaction score
Rode Valemount yesterday. Played in the trees. Put 69 miles on it. No problems. But I really didn't get a chance to really really try it. But it is a totally different sled than my M chassis. Next weekend will be the real test.

stusnow

Reaction score
keep 'em coming guys. I'm hoping for a dealer demo in the new year and finally get some seat time on one

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my 2012 PC 800 162 in the mountains for the first time last weekend and i LOVE this sled!!!!!! We had 2-2.5 feet of fresh pow and i was very impressed at how that sled works. I will be putting the 2013 narrowing kit on as well as knee pads and hand guards.

stusnow

Reaction score
Update on my demo ride.....Long story short i just bought a '13 M8 LTD 153" that sled demo was all i needed to jump ship from Doo...

I rode 2 days on the M8 153 Ltd demo sled (bone stock) both days were tree riding days and that 2.6 track HOOKS UP!! tons of power and snappy power, climbed amazing, downhill turns perfectly, easy to handle in the tight techy stuff, jumps & drops felt great, gets on top of snow & out of hole amazingly and sidehills just fine. Whoopy trails & the air shocks will need some tinkering, i'll be doing the EVO Fox upgrade....it's hard to replace the plushness of a coil shock.........But coming off the '10 XP 146X, the cat was just more fun to ride & didnt feel heavy or wide at all.
My only complaints on the cat are:
-crappy skis
-running boards not getting rid of snow
-giant oil resevoir & it's blocking chain case access
-needs a better front bumper to protect airbox

not to write off Doo entirely I had a demo ride lined up the day after my cat demo. rode an XM 154" (also bone stock) still a fine sled but the stock ETEC just didnt have the same feeling, power wasnt great on low end, but was better in top end and really kept on chuggin along. T-motion...well they can brag all they want about it but Doo's are still harder to tip over, The XM is a world off difference from the XP but still not the same as other companies. I found the T-motion really stands out when your on harder pack snow and trying to turn the sled around. The new XM running boards are very impressive and wish cat was on par there
Dislikes:
- body position is so far forward feels like your standing on the skiis
-no bottom end grunt, felt & sounded like a sewing machine was under the hood (at lower RPM)
-not as responsive to leaning over & initiating turns
-Hands down the UGLIEST looking sled ski-doo has ever made

side to side both sleds work fine & have their own pro's/con's, and all my complaints on the sleds are minor & easily modded ( aside from being Fugly looking) But i'm stoked to have moved to cat and sounds like the '13 M8 is a big improvement from the '12 so. All i really want is a motor that will last me longer than 2000km's!!

Top Bottom