Lasik surgery

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well went up for the initial appointment yesterday and didn't go like I hoped it would. My eyes are one of the few that LasikMD can't fix. After about 2 hours of testing I was told no go. My eyes are too "steep" the angle is too much for them. I asked if it would change and they said no. What a disappointment. Long drive home thinking about it for sure :(

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well went up for the initial appointment yesterday and didn't go like I hoped it would. My eyes are one of the few that LasikMD can't fix. After about 2 hours of testing I was told no go. My eyes are too "steep" the angle is too much for them. I asked if it would change and they said no. What a disappointment. Long drive home thinking about it for sure :(

That's a bummer. Second opinion needed?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are just not a good sledder but are a smart man. one place says no and the next says yes???? maybe different testing machines? maybe since I have a cold could that effect the test?
I suppose there would always be the nagging thought that if the next clinic said yes you would be in a quandary.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that lucky....
A second opinion is always nice but be careful, you only have one set of eyes........
Just sayin'

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
There is the other type of eye surgery, where they lift the lense of and scrape it down and put lense back.... One of my ex techs had it done, and he's had no problems..... Longer recovery time, but seems to work

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There is the other type of eye surgery, where they lift the lense of and scrape it down and put lense back.... One of my ex techs had it done, and he's had no problems..... Longer recovery time, but seems to work

I think that's the type that the Gimbel Eye Center does...... if memory serves me right that's what Sledderdoc had done.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucky call IQ Laser in Edmonton and set up a consult. If this guy says it is no go - it really is no go. He does the cornea transplants at the U of A. He will give you the straight up answer. Dr Leong-Sit.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucky call IQ Laser in Edmonton and set up a consult. If this guy says it is no go - it really is no go. He does the cornea transplants at the U of A. He will give you the straight up answer. Dr Leong-Sit.
My wife got her eyes done here also last summer. Went very good. But they also told her in the consult that not everybody is eligible. They warned about no water sports for at least 3 months so if your lake guy might want to hold off.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah this guy wears glasses and when I asked him why he was very up front and explained not everyone was a good candidate and he was one of those people. I also heard from someone who had LASIK that he does corrections to their work that needs "touch ups"

firehawker

Reaction score
This Dr is who you would see if you got an infection or a problem from the other guys. He is the best had him do my corrective surgery worth every penny!

Top Bottom