Klim F4 Helmets and 509 Goggles

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard from 2 guys now that the 509 Goggles don't fit well in the Klim F4 helmet. I already have 509 Goggles, and need to get a new helmet. DoubleK has the F4, and loves it, but says that he has trouble getting his 509's to fit well in it. Another guy I talked to said the same thing. I wonder if the size of the helmet would make a difference (I'm pretty sure that DoubleK has a Large and I would only need a Medium)? I guess I have other goggles that I could wear with the helmet. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

P.S. 509 is having a "Newsletter Exclusive Preorder" with their new helmets, and the first 100 get free goggles. The helmets are 179US with free shipping worldwide.

I also have been looking at the Tobe Do Rock helmet, but can't really find any reviews on it anywhere.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
They fit fine....each of them.
BTW......both products ROCK:d
RS

Attachments

• randy in 2 boots.jpg
    randy in 2 boots.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 140

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randy,
I figured that they would be OK because last year when we talked to you at Keystone in February, you had them both. I just got worried about spending big money on the helmet, and then having to spend even more on different goggles. I picked up the helmet tonight, and it looks like the goggles are gonna be fine in it. Here is a pic from the Keystone parking lot (if you can call the side of the road a parking lot....)

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 64

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The smith 89xis are a snowmobile specific goggle, and are cheaper than the 509s. I have heard that the 509s fog and then get water between the double lens, the 89xi's are more square so they look like they would fit in helmets better. Only downfall is no chrome lens but they have more frame colors

Top Bottom