Just talked to Klim Canada to get my Klim Valdez Jacket broken zippers fixed

They have a new warranty/repair shop now in Calgary

They will make the call if it is warranty or you pay for the repairs

But they are Gortex certified to repair your clothes and tape seal the seams

Posted a link to them in the

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sent my stuff out last week for a few warranty items and a rip repair. Had to wait a few weeks before sending them in as Klim finished up their contract with Outdoor Approach. I have dealt with Klim USA for repairs before and they did an awesome job, couldn't even tell a repair was done in the end. Hopefully this Calgary shop can do as quality work for a reasonable price. Rick at DCI said Outdoor Approach usually has a 24-48 hour turn around so I would assume I should have my stuff back soon.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I mentioned that I felt a bit damp with my clothes once, when I sent my pants in for repair. They replaced the whole outfit after performing the leak test. Awesome warranty service👍😎

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got my new pants in the mail today....my old bibs where 6 yrs old maybe 7 IMG_0104.jpg I have no choice but to promote Klim cause i feel like i owe them something..Its like christmas for free!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Has everyone that has had warranty done, registered your clothing with klim when you purchased it?

Only on the very first set in 2005 and I have been on a replacement program ever since because my gear has failed the "water test" many times. Jacket (I've had a red, blue and two black) and the bibs have been replaced at least 5 times.

Saying that, I ride between 50 and 100 days every year and the gear takes a beating. I find the seat on the bibs and the elbows on the jackets most susceptible to water leakage.

As long as the slogan, "Guaranteed to keep you dry", is there I have no problems taking them back for the "water test". I have had a pair of bibs that were leaking in a couple of months; no problem with the exchange.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Klim gloves. Got them as a gift 2011 Christmas and may be been used 15 times sledding. One palm developed small tears after a few rides.

I looked at the warranty and Klim will cover defects from manufacturing but not rips, tears, punctures, burns etc - so I haven't even tried to get them repaired under warranty - just made up my mind not to buy Klim gloves ever again.

Have been out 3 times this year so far and last time out the other glove started to get small tears in the palm. (2nd time out both gloves were so wet by midday that I had to borrow a pair of gloves to finish the day)

I guess I should call customer service about it as I certainly have not abused the gloves - just used them for what they were designed for. Sounds like Klim is quite liberal with their assessments.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now that Polaris took over Klim, expect crap for warrenty in the future..... But don't worry you will have the lightest most flickable gear on the mountain... until the ass rips open and they send you a patch that is really a crap fix that will not stand the test of time.

clay923

Reaction score
im not very impresed with the service, i sent in my jacket and bibs for waterproof testing after the edm snow show and still dont them back and ive called left messages no call backs and when i did get someone they say its been shipped out jan 2/13 nothing yet, so i bought a new klim suit so i can ride over the holidays. dci better take another look at who they are using for warranty work.

cobbster

Reaction score
Its worth calling Steve at Outdoor Approach as he is a pleasure to talk to.
Sent a pair of one year old bibs in to them as the zipper slide broke.They were repaired very quickly and retuned in record time.
Customer service was outstanding.
Thanks to the team at Outdoor Aprroach.
cobbster

Top Bottom