RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prequalifying going on now.
Full race Saturday

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the King of Hammers DVDs from the first 5 or 6 years but stopped watching when I got out of building my truggy and sold it. Wanted to take it down to there and watch it live. Might have to check it out. Came across my youtube

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m rooting for #4406 in ultra4, local Montana guy & snowmobiler. Has a lot of fails, wrench time and $ into that rig to get to KOH.

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UTVs are up Friday, so impressive to see what they can climb over!

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knew a few locals guys from buying parts from them up here in BC that raced other years. I'm not sure if they still do or if they got out of it. I'll have to watch the LCQ and see if any of them are in.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knew a few locals guys from buying parts from them up here in BC that raced other years. I'm not sure if they still do or if they got out of it. I'll have to watch the LCQ and see if any of them are in.

I'm 99% positive in the early 2000s they would open the course to the general public. No rules. A guy would have wanted to be down there partying and 4x4 at night.
Doubtful it's still like that :(

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 99% positive in the early 2000s they would open the course to the general public. No rules. A guy would have wanted to be down there partying and 4x4 at night.
Doubtful it's still like that :(
Course is just the johnson Valley trails and you can run any time of the year. They run them sometimes in reverse or in differnt orders to make the course. Looks like they have a new trail for this year.

They did let you run some stuff before or after the race back in the 2000s for sure. Also always had the Back Door Shoot out before race day and anyone could compete.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got me back watching it. Was going to build a Bomber Fab chassis at one point.

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their lining up for start!

Last edited:

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Eric Miramon 2023 KOH Crash (On-Board Footage!)​

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built a truggy years ago, sunk a ton of money into it. Got it 90% done, lost interest then basically gave it away because i was sick of looking at it.

One of my lifes regrets lol

Now im more into prerunners. And baja type stuff.

But King of the hammer s is a awesome race forsure. And some times makes me wish i was an American. Because canada has nothing like that, even though we have tons of terrain.

Guess comunists dont like racing lol

Reactions: RJP

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Robby Gordon placing 9th in the 4400 class in a rig he’s never ran, without pre running most of the course(besides the 1 lap he did in the UTV class before breaking) while also spending 45 min helping Vaughn Gittin get back on his wheels is quite the amazing feat.

Once they get the gears hardened up in the Speed UTV’s transmissions they are going to be a solid contender in the UTV classes. Watching both Max in the El Diablo race car and Robbie in the stock Bandit fly through the dessert sections really showed how dialled that chassis and suspension are.

Reactions: RJP

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built a truggy years ago, sunk a ton of money into it. Got it 90% done, lost interest then basically gave it away because i was sick of looking at it.

But King of the hammer s is a awesome race forsure. And some times makes me wish i was an American. Because canada has nothing like that, even though we have tons of terrain.

There’s quite a few places just between B.C and Alberta where a really great course could be laid out. It would be nice to see someone organize an event like that.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol.. did the same thing with a Toyota 4runner truggy. Shouldn't have tore it apart the second time to do rear steer and 4 link the front.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol.. did the same thing with a Toyota 4runner truggy. Shouldn't have tore it apart the second time to do rear steer and 4 link the front.

Mine was a tubed s10 on 42s, bead locks vortec 350, 1 ton axles, rear rad, front and rear winch , all kinds of goodies.

Should have never sold it. Especially for pennies on the dollar.

Top Bottom