Kids Handle bars....?

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the dilema....

I have a great little boy who really misses his dad when he goes sledding (3yrs old). Dad works shift and is on a 10 and 10 rotation....I am sure you are getting the point by now.

Is he too small too tag along....very strong and smart 3yr old....could I put a set up on the nytro to accomadate him tagging along for the trail and meadow munching? It would be awesome to have him tag along and really kill alot of heartache around the house....

Does anyone have any custom set ups around that they could post up?

Here is a pic of the little dude...

Attachments

• Fort Saskatchewan-20111218-00010.jpg
    Fort Saskatchewan-20111218-00010.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 150

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they make harnesses for kids to teach them how to ski. Might be able to modify one a bit so he can be strapped to the front of you. I wouldn't get to crazy with the driving with a kid though. Hope you find something that will work. I'm sure he would have a blast hanging out on the sled with dad.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on Royal distributing. They sell a harness that secures your kid to you, so you have both hands free to ride.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We used the back pack with our kids until they were 3 or 4 because they need the core body strength to sit up all day after that we used the child riding belt. ALWAYS always keep your kids BEHIND you!!!!! Remember force equals mass X acceleration I have heard horror stories of guys going not very fast down the trail hitting something small with kids infront of them pushing their kids into their handle bars and breaking their ribs and femurs. When your kids are infront of you they act as your airbag. It is the same principle as driving with your child in the front seat of your car sitting on your lap. Okay have I made my point????? Another thing to keep in mind when your kids are behind you is that your back is going to take a beating from their helmet constantly hitting it that's one of the reasons I started wearing a tekvest to protect my back from the beating it was taking from the beak of my daughter's helmet.

I have 1 or 2 of the old style child riding belts in stock we are in the process of re-designing them pm me if you are interested.

Jan

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're just looking for a set of handlebars for him to hold onto check these out from .

dsc01608.jpg

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could also get him a mini z. I started riding one at 2 years old and it worked great for me

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
HI Highcountrygirl

It isn't a seat it is a belt that is attaches the child to the adult it goes over the childs shoulders around their waist and then threw their legs and then their is a strap that goes around your waist. That way no one is attached to the sled or bike or ATV so that if you have to bail for whatever reason no one is attached to the machine.

They are not listed on our site as we only have a few left as we are in the process of tweeking them and finding a new manufacturer. If you are interested please left me know and I can pm you a price.

Jan

Top Bottom