kayaker dies

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody see on the news the other day about the kayaker dying down by pincher creek. he went over a 40 foot waterfall and didn't surface for about 10 mins. the news was going on and on about how he loved the outdoors and that he knew the risks and it was just part of the sport he loved and he was such a great guy etc...... compare that to how they treat a sledder death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no 200+ HP motor on a Kayak tearing up the enviroment:realmad:

condolenses to the family

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw the article in the Sun and thought the same thing, funny I didn't read anywhere that he was a daredevil, just living life to the fullest.:rolleyes: Condolences

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody see on the news the other day about the kayaker dying down by pincher creek. he went over a 40 foot waterfall and didn't surface for about 10 mins. the news was going on and on about how he loved the outdoors and that he knew the risks and it was just part of the sport he loved and he was such a great guy etc...... compare that to how they treat a sledder death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand where you are coming from but let's not use another person tragedy to prove our point by using it to contrast how the media " see's our sport". No members of Snow and Mud really believe the media's spin on the story of the past accidents in our sport. I respect the facts of the story (to a point - when they are accurate) of when, what , where and how but I am deaf to the comments of opinions of people who never sat on a snowmobile, quad or motorcycle. As members we have to take the "high road" and let others take the low road when it come to tragedy. I am sad for anybody who passes before their time . Sorry Buck 50 - no disrespect to you - I know you mean well - this thread just sounded bad ( all things considered ).

Cheers

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from but let's not use another person tragedy to prove our point by using it to contrast how the media " see's our sport". No members of Snow and Mud really believe the media's spin on the story of the past accidents in our sport. I respect the facts of the story (to a point - when they are accurate) of when, what , where and how but I am deaf to the comments of opinions of people who never sat on a snowmobile, quad or motorcycle. As members we have to take the "high road" and let others take the low road when it come to tragedy. I am sad for anybody who passes before their time . Sorry Buck 50 - no disrespect to you - I know you mean well - this thread just sounded bad ( all things considered ).

Cheers
i see where you are coming from, and i NEVER meant any disrespect towards that guy. i just found it strange the different way the media covered it, even though it's an extreme sport

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see where you are coming from, and i NEVER meant any disrespect towards that guy. i just found it strange the different way the media covered it, even though it's an extreme sport

When as many kayakers die in a season as sledders, the media tone may change...
Condolences to family and friends.

Top Bottom