Kawasaki 650i brute force high gear or low????

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.....quick question for you(s), I just got a new 650i brute force a month ago, the dealer told me that you drive it in low gear when half throttle or less, and High gears is for when your really clipping along.....

Does everyone else drive the kawasakis machines like this??

Thanks
STYKO:beer:

sled

Reaction score
My wife and myself both have 650i and I usually ride in high and only use low when Going thru some real thick mud and skag.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO high gear,.. low for pulling or towing heavy.

My best bud has a 650, and I don't think he has ever used low gear.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive put 8000Km on mine, and can count on my fingers how many times ive used low gear. (only for puling a heavy load a couple times) Even in thick mud or some hard pulling just give er more throttle. can almost guarantee you wont power it out in high.

The thing is, is it might make more sense to use low gear when going slower, like the dealer says, but what if u suddenly want to just pin'er? then you have to stop, change to high range and go again. by then your buddy is a mile ahead of you.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the others have said, low gear for pulling and heavy mud/skeg and high for the all the rest. I have started using low gear when goin slow down overgrown trails with dead fall across the trail. You won't power out with that 650.

Top Bottom