Jet a vs jet b

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, but please don't do it in a new diesel...

No please do it’s a make work project for us mechanics. Lol. I’ll,take un-educated repair money any day it helps educate them not to do the same thing again

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this was a troll thread, Jet A doesn’t even exist here anymore and Jet B is refined diesel fuel, a little drier to reduce chances of gelling at altitude. Please try this In a sled and be sure to video it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this was a troll thread, Jet A doesn’t even exist here anymore and Jet B is refined diesel fuel, a little drier to reduce chances of gelling at altitude. Please try this In a sled and be sure to video it.

Jet A doesn't exist? hmmm....

Jet A-1 is the primary jet fuel offered (commonly referred to as simply JetA) in Alberta/Canada and the only difference between Jet A and Jet A-1 is the freeze point. Jet B, not commonly used, is a naphtha/kerosene blend.

Last edited:

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in law got this fuel from work told me it was jet A fuel and he figured that jet b was av gas that my friend gets us at the airport. I’ve never bought airport fuel other than what my friend gets us I usually buy VP and mix 5 or 6 litres in each tank to keep my reflashed sleds from calling for octane. I was not trolling just looking for some info

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in law got this fuel from work told me it was jet A fuel and he figured that jet b was av gas that my friend gets us at the airport. I’ve never bought airport fuel other than what my friend gets us I usually buy VP and mix 5 or 6 litres in each tank to keep my reflashed sleds from calling for octane. I was not trolling just looking for some info

Well it’s good fuel for the fire pit.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too much octane is a bad thing if you're not running the timing for it... cast aluminum pistons don't like slow flame front burn

Top Bottom