Jan 13,,,,,,, Sugarbowl

treeclimber

Reaction score
sounds like fun how far from edmonton is it? as long as i don't have to drive all day to get there i am in thanks.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Rocky is 2 hours from edm. and staging is about an hour from here, I havent been out there this year but around xmas I couldnt get into staging for too much snow,,,,,,,,,, I was watching the Radar imaging last week and looked like it got snow for 2 days?????? I hope!!!! Must have a 600+ cc to get out of the bowl. We are taking beacons just in case!!!!!!

treeclimber

Reaction score
If it's alright with you i would love to go just give me a call 780 908 8034 to confirm. I ride an 08 summit 800x 163" don't have a beacon though is that a problem? will try to pick one up this afternoon though if i can find one.

pld0vr

Reaction score
I might be in... do you have directions? time?

No beakon... sounds like overkill, but I ride a ZR700 136" x 2"

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I'm taking the 500 summit,,,,,,, might tell the guys to drop into the bowl,,,, but last year we played up on the rim for a long time and where too tired to do much in the bowl anyway,,,,,,,,

We are meeting between 9:00 am and 9:30 am at Sobeys in Rocky just behind the ATB at the lights,,,,,, will leave from there it is about an hour out...

give me a call @ 403-846-5786 after 8:00 am on my cell if you want to join in and will know to wait for you,,,,

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please post whether there is any snow out there. I am looking to go somewhere less than 5 hours away next weekend with a couple of inexperienced riders and it is tough to find any snow locally.

pld0vr

Reaction score
Sorry guys, planned to make it but my pull rope broke and I spent the morning replacing it. Bit of a late start at 2pm, but I'm going to salvage what I can from the day and hit up Hwy28.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Here is the link to the pics from the trip,,,, was good and I am beat!!!!!!!

Greg, we will have to do this again,,,,,,, will be checking out a couple other areas as well and hopefully get more snow,,,,,,,

As far as this area for rookies,,, nope,,,,,,,,, it was tough for us on the shut going in,,,, can really make a mess of a sled if you crash into the rocks, and it is easy to do that, hard packed and very side hilly to get in there,,,,,

Last edited:

treeclimber

Reaction score
thanks for the trip brad had a great time. i will take pics next weekend in mcbribe hopefully i can avoid the rocks. sled is in the garage awaiting damage inspection. as for rookies it could be very dangerous because of the exposed rocks.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I was thinking of the shute on the way in and out,,,,,,,
They are bighorns,,,,,,, There is seldome powder up on top because of the wind,,, Greg said there was more in the bowl, I took the 500 so I could only watch this time,,,,,,,, boo hoo!!!! :(

treeclimber

Reaction score
brad is right the shutes on the way in are tough, a heavy throttle is a must a good set of carbides always helps. just ask the guy riding the DITCH PICKLE Lol

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well look at the bright side...You didn't have to worry about hitting any trees.
Thanks for the posts guys.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
It looks a little low on the snow, was it all rocky like that or was there some hidden powder?
Here is the link to the pics from the trip,,,, was good and I am beat!!!!!!!

Greg, we will have to do this again,,,,,,, will be checking out a couple other areas as well and hopefully get more snow,,,,,,,

As far as this area for rookies,,, nope,,,,,,,,, it was tough for us on the shut going in,,,, can really make a mess of a sled if you crash into the rocks, and it is easy to do that, hard packed and very side hilly to get in there,,,,,

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
In the main bowl there is powder,,, and it looked very good in a spot I tried to get to last year but chickened out,,,,,, will get there this year yet!!!!
Problem with this place is dry snow blowing all over with the high winds,,,,,, if we got a dump of wet snow it would be sweet!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom