Its Now Or Never. Pierre or the Turd?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pierre Poilievre just announced this afternoon he will run for leader of he Conservative Party. I like his chances as long as his grating style doesn't turn off to many people to the left. He certainly is qualified as a well known and liked member of his party and pretty much the one member that gets the most media attention and the largest following on social media. Can he do it and knock off the Turd?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the cons are in great shape now as long as Pierre can tone his abrasive style down a notch as party leader, and I think he'll be able to do that. Long as the party can keep everyone aligned and consistent on their platform I think they have a chance. Runaway inflation and high cost of living I'm hoping will draw some liberals back over to the right. Fingers crossed!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly if he wins he probably would be the best qualified to be the Finance Minister. He certainly understands debt and finance

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think the existing system will help us regardless who gets in, its a globalist system. The system needs to be brought down and revamped with a system setup by the people and for the people, otherwise you have the same result. A puppet in control of the same old system, its not built for us.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think the existing system will help us regardless who gets in, its a globalist system. The system needs to be brought down and revamped with a system setup by the people and for the people, otherwise you have the same result. A puppet in control of the same old system, its not built for us.
what a buzz kill

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my gut tells me the same thing

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada is to big and diverse for central government. The west or just Alberta needs to leave. Ontario and Quebec decide before I even make it to the poll. What’s important to some fugtard in Toronto isn’t the same as what’s important to me.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We, the West need to manage our own resources, our own interests. Here we go again, I can feel it.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when the term, "the government falls" (which it never will) who leads the people? You the grand poobah of the flat earth society?
Military will until a suitible government is put in place. There are groups working on a replacement style government already. Dont be so short sighted thinking it would be me.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Military will until a suitible government is put in place. There are groups working on a replacement style government already. Dont be so short sighted thinking it would be me.
Our military leaders will rule till a government is put in place? Which rapist will it be?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to force an election soon as the Cons get settled in with the new leader and platform. Flapjack can you remind how to force a non-confidence vote or whatever is necessary?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgive my poor understanding of our parliamentary system.

It seems any MP can put forth a motion of non-confidence in the current government. As long as 50% + 1 of the house of commons members support it, an election is triggered.

Another way to trigger is automatically is failure of an important bill or budget tabled by the current government.

I'm thinking realistically the upcoming budget (or lack thereof) may be the best way to get the process started?

Top Bottom