Is there any cell service in Valemount alpine areas

jaws

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any areas where you could get cell service in the alpine around valemount.

coolcam

Reaction score
Some higher spots in Allen Creek and Clemina have cell service, if your with telus.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the top of the one ridge just before caribou bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get service up at the top in morning glory at clemina and some spots in allen creek

Sent from my iPhone because who uses a computer anymore

Mr.Dummie

Reaction score
Got good service near Avalanche Alley back in December 3 bars. My Friend was actually Face timing his wife while we were climbing.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to ask why ? Can't be away from the dam thing for a few hrs?
I pack mine for pictures with it turned on air plane mode.
Sat phone for emergency purposes.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to ask why ? Can't be away from the dam thing for a few hrs?
I pack mine for pictures with it turned on air plane mode.
Sat phone for emergency purposes.

why not

on a side note its good to familiarize yourself with locations that have service. maybe your crew doesnt have a sat phone and you cant always depend on them anyways. backup plan

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why not

on a side note its good to familiarize yourself with locations that have service. maybe your crew doesnt have a sat phone and you cant always depend on them anyways. backup plan

I used to carry mine on airplane mode, but , after talking to guys who just took a avy course, I'll now be leaving it off , just turning it on to take pics . It was demonstrated to them that on airplane mode it doesn't interfere with the transmit function , but does interfere with the search function. Easier to just turn it off and back on to take a pic than risk it causing an issue in an emergency.

jaws

Reaction score
Why? Was looking for a periodic update if possible to a family injury that crept up while we were 6 hrs away from home. We were going to pack up and head out but were encouraged to stay until more info was available .Also thought it might be good info. Thats all , just logical thinking .

frostmonkey

Reaction score
Like others have said, lots of service at the higher elevations in Allen. At 7480ft I actually had full LTE service (Telus)...I was shocked.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You never know when you will have an uncontrollable urge to post a selfie on Facebook.
why not

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phone came in handy yesterday at Allen. Had a code come up for the exhaust sensor and called Alpine Motorsports and they had the part , rushed down and installed it made it back for awesome afternoon in trees. Was on hold for 10 minutes while they looked for the part. That would have been expensive sat phone call.

Top Bottom