Is the new 1100T really an everything killer?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have not had the opportunity to ride one of these machines or go up against one but everyone I talk to says they are unbelievable and kill any stock machine out there, is this the case or what? I am running 200 horse in a M1 with a 3" 174 track and the sled is pretty dialed with clutching and gearing etc, do I stand a chance? I beat all pumpgas M8 turbos no problem but I am quite a bit behind a racegas turbo (probably 25% less on a hill), what have you guys found and please no brand bashing I am interested in some good stories.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dug one out two weeks ago in West Yellowstone, trenched in at a tree. Rider error or what, that thing was heavy to get out. Would hate to have one in our group.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they sound great but really arent that impressive to watch or ride! I rode one at castle ski hill two weeks ago and was not impressed at all! sounded fast but trying to manuver that buffalo was a real challenge not to mention that a couple 2 strokes with just clutching blew right past the highmark of the 1100 it kinda made the owner a bit upset lol that being said for less than $5000 you can make it over 300 hp so that is pretty nice addition.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Handling is only bad on packed snow. Can feel it when in fresh but handles better then my 10 m8. Definitely needs a chip to compete with two strokes in fresh snow but when the snow it set up on the hills it will climb any thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragin

Reaction score
Rode with 1100Ts and 800pros and that thing is a lot heavier to play with in the trees. I wouldn't get one if you like Boondocking. IMO

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the little time that we did spend with Mr. Rasmussen, I never heard one good thing come out of his mouth in regards to the 1100T. He pretty much called it a toilet. Now his M800 on the other hand.........and I quote "well, it has a Boondocker Turbo, so it can go prettinear anywhere"...............LOL

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took carzywheelers for a quick burst in November, it pulled well for a 4 stroke but defiantely takes some getting used to the lag in the throttle. I didn't find the throttle super responsive like a 2 stroker for obvious reasons. I think if you were to do the upgrade with the chip, intake/ exhaust it would rip pretty awesome. I also rode Many numbers M8 at Christmas and thats awhole other story. Super crisp on the throttle and spin a tight donut with no problem.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
demoed one in sicamous the powers there for sure it beat the chit out of an xp with a bigbore on every pull. definitly need deep snow for handling on hard pack its gay

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Hey Steeve 10, I can get a few guys to back my claim, I am not saying that I can beat them to brag but more to give people an idea of where my machine is in comparison. If the M1100 is keeping up or beating M8 racegas turbo's then I realize that I am outta luck. I am heading to Revy this weekend I guess I will have to hunt one down somewhere and hope its deep! I have a feeling that I should get used to seeing tail lights. I really want to try one out cuz I love my M1000 but if they are great then it may be time to upgrade.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard different intake and charge tubes, tuner and a good muffler and it will make 300 hp on pump gas. Can't beat that. I would like to try one out.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's do a little math here... 560lb 1100t 180hp465lb rg800 220hp+Like neilsleder said, very easy to get a extra 100ponies out of the 1100t

I think your numbers are alittle out. The sticker on my m1100t says 310kg. Not sure if that's dry or wet but thats 682 not 560.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruteforce650

Reaction score
[QUOTE I really want to try one out cuz I love my M1000 but if they are great then it may be time to upgrade.[/QUOTE] Have i got a deal for you! I got a 1100T and so far i am not a huge fan of it. It is stupid heavy. It could just be hard to get used to but it takes alot to through it around...........Should of bought an M8.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not had the opportunity to ride one of these machines or go up against one but everyone I talk to says they are unbelievable and kill any stock machine out there, is this the case or what? I am running 200 horse in a M1 with a 3" 174 track and the sled is pretty dialed with clutching and gearing etc, do I stand a chance? I beat all pumpgas M8 turbos no problem but I am quite a bit behind a racegas turbo (probably 25% less on a hill), what have you guys found and please no brand bashing I am interested in some good stories.

I have a 800 proclimb demo and a the turbo 1100. as well as 8000km on the new truck to get 450 miles on the sleds..(still worth it :) ) so i have had some seat time on them. so heres my two bits..

unbiased not sure about the toilet comment but never rode a toilet? :) anyone.... i guess its all what you get used to, is it heavier than an 800 proclimb yes it is but its a fourstroke... i came off an 2008 apex 162, with a few mods, probably 170 real hp after all the smoke cleared... however that entails quite a bit of bolts on and alot of $$$ for the apex... i liked the apex but things change in 4 yrs.... plus a factory turbo mtn thats what everyone always wanted, my self included. I did a ride impressions in the proclimb thread.

Compared to the fourstroke i was riding, this 1100t in stock form is quite an improvement, handling, power, rider position, etc.

- lowering front ski shock pressure is a definite handling improvement as is simmons gen 2 skis IMO....

- Just installed the speedwerx upgrade kit to this baby..... 4 settings... 1- 87 octane 170 h p... 2- 240 on 91 pump 3- 260 on full race gas/280 with wastegate mod / race gas. 4- stock setting 177 91 octane. easy to set up

im not a race everyone guy love boondocking and a little hill climbing. had a few twostroke guys try it at 240 loved the power but did notice
the weight difference..understandably. i dont think anyone can jump off a 2 stroke anything/ onto a fourstroke and not say its heavy...

i have pulled m6 s out of tree wells and there heavy too.. can anyone tell me of a sled that got stuck and wasnt heavy....i would be interested to know.

handling i thought was very nice... rough trails with the new geometry was the same as the old sleds until u hit 40-45 miles an hour.- i know - dont yell this is too fast and i would recommend it to others but i know both myself and Mark from the sales (on a proclimb 800) experienced it
they swallowed up 2 ft rollers at fernie no prob..... .. so ride was good better than i expected...

yes i would love the adustable bars that would be nice. but a 2" riser is good for me...
i am installing a lefty throttle though as the extra weight makes the lefty a good helper on opposite cambers.

so thats my two bits... no bias,,,no bs...no fabrication... i like the weight of proclimb 800 but would any day switch for the 1100t to get the power...again its what your get used to ... so please people keep in mind that unless u spend some seat time on them ....regardless of brand or model....just because your not used to it or, its different than your ride. doesnt mean its bad.....

like a wise man says..." just saying "

hope this helps and gives some clarity or perspective....

Terry

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 800 proclimb demo and a the turbo 1100. as well as 8000km on the new truck to get 450 miles on the sleds..(still worth it :) ) so i have had some seat time on them. so heres my two bits..

unbiased not sure about the toilet comment but never rode a toilet? :) anyone.... i guess its all what you get used to, is it heavier than an 800 proclimb yes it is but its a fourstroke... i came off an 2008 apex 162, with a few mods, probably 170 real hp after all the smoke cleared... however that entails quite a bit of bolts on and alot of $$$ for the apex... i liked the apex but things change in 4 yrs.... plus a factory turbo mtn thats what everyone always wanted, my self included. I did a ride impressions in the proclimb thread.

Compared to the fourstroke i was riding, this 1100t in stock form is quite an improvement, handling, power, rider position, etc.

- lowering front ski shock pressure is a definite handling improvement as is simmons gen 2 skis IMO....

- Just installed the speedwerx upgrade kit to this baby..... 4 settings... 1- 87 octane 170 h p... 2- 240 on 91 pump 3- 260 on full race gas/280 with wastegate mod / race gas. 4- stock setting 177 91 octane. easy to set up

im not a race everyone guy love boondocking and a little hill climbing. had a few twostroke guys try it at 240 loved the power but did notice
the weight difference..understandably. i dont think anyone can jump off a 2 stroke anything/ onto a fourstroke and not say its heavy...

i have pulled m6 s out of tree wells and there heavy too.. can anyone tell me of a sled that got stuck and wasnt heavy....i would be interested to know.

handling i thought was very nice... rough trails with the new geometry was the same as the old sleds until u hit 40-45 miles an hour.- i know - dont yell this is too fast and i would recommend it to others but i know both myself and Mark from the sales (on a proclimb 800) experienced it
they swallowed up 2 ft rollers at fernie no prob..... .. so ride was good better than i expected...

yes i would love the adustable bars that would be nice. but a 2" riser is good for me...
i am installing a lefty throttle though as the extra weight makes the lefty a good helper on opposite cambers.

so thats my two bits... no bias,,,no bs...no fabrication... i like the weight of proclimb 800 but would any day switch for the 1100t to get the power...again its what your get used to ... so please people keep in mind that unless u spend some seat time on them ....regardless of brand or model....just because your not used to it or, its different than your ride. doesnt mean its bad.....

like a wise man says..." just saying "

hope this helps and gives some clarity or perspective....

Terry

great post....

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well said Terry, I value your opinion and this M1 that I bought from you is one of my favorite sleds. I like to get different opinions but I realize that everyone also rides different styles and you cannot please everyone. I was hoping that the old M would be close so that I can wait for next year when they change the steering post and stuff a 16" track under it, I would be first in line to snowcheck one then. I am imagining a 3" 174 by 16" on that machine would be a great combo!

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And "someone" had to bash.............Thanks for your great insight on what the topic wasn't about muffinman.........

Top Bottom