Is Secondary Clutch Washer Special?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled: 2007 Summit X 800R So just had the bottom end rebuilt, couple days riding on the sled and blow a belt out on the lake. Go to change the belt and find the Secondary is just floating on the shaft, no bolt:confused: Stop in at dealer to get a bolt and washer, $1.53 for the bolt $16.27 for the "strength" washer #517302322 but he has never stocked them:confused::confused: Sells me a $.99 washer and says this one should work fine. Any ideas on this washer, is it concave like a primary washer, should I order one in??

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the last time you had your hands on that motor it went less than 10 miles, back away, far away put wrenches down and run.. :d

concave washer compresses a bit and will hold tighter, i'm thinking. maybe order washer from the states if you don't want to pay the big bucks. i see some scrap metal in your future, grasshopper.:d

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the last time you had your hands on that motor it went less than 10 miles, back away, far away put wrenches down and run.. :d

concave washer compresses a bit and will hold tighter, i'm thinking. maybe order washer from the states if you don't want to pay the big bucks. i see some scrap metal in your future, grasshopper.:d

You probably have one kickin around the way you go thru sleds, and my part of the motor was just fine thank you:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably have one kickin around the way you go thru sleds, and my part of the motor was just fine thank you:beer:

your part led to the next part, Fawwked. i'd say. heeheehee
don't have one, use the flat washer and torque it down. if the bolt comes out you can do major damage. maybe some blue lock tight. shheeet i've got 3 sleds to fix, and a 4th to get running.

Top Bottom