Interesting Fact

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Just to clarify....I did not say the site was dying.
I was simply pointing out that the majority of the activity is driven by a small number of socially driven members.
I'm not knocking the site....I have met some very good folks because of S&M and have no doubt it will continue to grow. I only hope that those of us who utilize the site as a social network can continue to enjoy the site as we have been....some of the recent changes have in my opinion taken away from the overall experience of S&M.
I hope that in the future we can maybe bring back a "cage" type area that is only open to those who request and are approved and passively moderated by more than one mod with invitational and dissmissal powers....

Just my 0.02.....again All I was doing was crunching #'s...they are what they are.....Just Sayin

Now leave me alone.....I've gots bikes to build...

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was simply pointing out that the majority of the activity is driven by a small number of socially driven members.
I'm not knocking the site....I have met some very good folks because of S&M and have no doubt it will continue to grow. I only hope that those of us who utilize the site as a social network can continue to enjoy the site as we have been....some of the recent changes have in my opinion taken away from the overall experience of S&M.
I hope that in the future we can maybe bring back a "cage" type area that is only open to those who request and are approved and passively moderated by more than one mod with invitational and dissmissal powers....

Just my 0.02.....again All I was doing was crunching #'s...they are what they are.....Just Sayin

Let me beat on this horse a lil more, the numbers that you have shown us are interesting and compelling. However without a "control" (a model of the norm) from other relevant websites, they are almost meaningless.

Now post something really interesting..............pics of the bikes you are building :beer:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Google analytics reports are good here is 2008 and 2009

June 15/2008 - July 15/2008. 29536 unique visits avg use of 7.35 min

June 15/2009 - July 15/2009. 74074 unique visits avg use of 8.21 min

In January with sled season is was as high as 157210 and use of 10.34 min

So I do not see any problems at all with this, this seems to only concern a few people, sure not us at all. These are numbers are something to be proud of.

Last edited:

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google analytics reports are good here is 2008 and 2009

June 15/2008 - July 15/2008. 29536 unique visits avg use of 7.35 min

June 15/2009 - July 15/2009. 74074 unique visits avg use of 8.21 min

In January with sled season is was as high as 157210 and use of 10.34 min

So I do not see any problems at all with this, this seems to only concern a few people, sure not us at all. These are numbers are something to be proud of.

Those numbers speak for themselves! very nice!

W

woodies

WOW! i sure hope you get a boondockers club of your own, so we can wreck it for you. THANKS just saying. As for private area, build your own its called social groups look its right there.:beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
call it the trail riders club,,, just say n,,,, or maybe,, the cant ride a trail club now thats koool.....:p

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
WOW! i sure hope you get a boondockers club of your own, so we can wreck it for you. THANKS just saying. As for private area, build your own its called social groups look its right there.:beer:

You miss understand......I don't want a CLUB, I don't believe in hiding out, I would like an AREA of the site which a member has to qualify to enter and be approved based on pre-set standards.....example minimum post # and legnth of active membership. This scenario is much different from that of a boondockers club.....(you brought it up not I). That club was moderated by one individual who had the power to invite and expell whomever he saw fit. A vip area as I'm suggesting does not discriminate and is more for the protection or shelter as you will of members who strictly utilize the site for tecnical and information purposes, not the individuals who access the area.

I know the mods have concern about antics from such an area flowing out into the general site....this is simple to control, A 100% zero tolerance with regards to bashing, bantering, and off topic posts outside the designated area. If people within the area are upset about what is in the area they have 2 choices, suck it up or cancel membership.

As stated before I am not BASHING the site as I owe many good freindships to S&M and respect RK for his perseverance rather than his opinions and decisions, I'll give credit where credit is due.

Anywho.....It's RK's site and so long as I enjoy being here I will continue to do so, if I don't enjoy it I will leave as opposed to expecting him to modify the site to meet my personal needs....don't want any Bogger club, or bogger anything...I'm one person out of over 12000...think of me what you will but I do feel I add value and entertainment to the site....

My $0.02

My .02.jpg

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You miss understand......I don't want a CLUB, I don't believe in hiding out, I would like an AREA of the site which a member has to qualify to enter and be approved based on pre-set standards.....example minimum post # and legnth of active membership. This scenario is much different from that of a boondockers club.....(you brought it up not I). That club was moderated by one individual who had the power to invite and expell whomever he saw fit. A vip area as I'm suggesting does not discriminate and is more for the protection or shelter as you will of members who strictly utilize the site for tecnical and information purposes, not the individuals who access the area.

I know the mods have concern about antics from such an area flowing out into the general site....this is simple to control, A 100% zero tolerance with regards to bashing, bantering, and off topic posts outside the designated area. If people within the area are upset about what is in the area they have 2 choices, suck it up or cancel membership.

As stated before I am not BASHING the site as I owe many good freindships to S&M and respect RK for his perseverance rather than his opinions and decisions, I'll give credit where credit is due.

Anywho.....It's RK's site and so long as I enjoy being here I will continue to do so, if I don't enjoy it I will leave as opposed to expecting him to modify the site to meet my personal needs....don't want any Bogger club, or bogger anything...I'm one person out of over 12000...think of me what you will but I do feel I add value and entertainment to the site....

My $0.02

View attachment 26386

thx booger....now stfu:eek:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Bogger, we tried the private sections / by invite only sections / and the self invite sections. The show spilled out into the open forums, it wont work on here ever. We'll leave that for somewhere else but not on this site.

Otherwise the numbers are actuals and google doesn't lie. Great to keep the people coming back. Our goal is to keep the bashing and crap to a minimum and then posting and member numbers will go up.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Bogger, we tried the private sections / by invite only sections / and the self invite sections. The show spilled out into the open forums, it wont work on here ever. We'll leave that for somewhere else but not on this site.

Otherwise the numbers are actuals and google doesn't lie. Great to keep the people coming back. Our goal is to keep the bashing and crap to a minimum and then posting and member numbers will go up.

No need to explain anything to me Ron....like I said I'm only one of over 12000...funny I've only ever HAD to be one...Just sayin:beer:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Another Interesting Fact

The average time for SnoWest representative to respond to a question about advertising on their site. One hour if request is sent during business hours. If the request is after hours, the next day usually with in 1/2 hour of the start of the normal business day.

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ok Ok I'll admit it...I'm a lurker...not to many posts...but wow do some of these threads make me laugh..and for that Bogger I thank you!!!

People need to laugh Kerry.........and apparently in future it should be at my own expense because aparently not everyone has the ability to laugh at themselves....Just sayin:d:beer:

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People need to laugh Kerry.........and apparently in future it should be at my own expense because aparently not everyone has the ability to laugh at themselves....Just sayin:d:beer:

If you can't laugh at yourself then you can't laugh at anyone.....just saying

Top Bottom