Insurance with Lift and Tires?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've just bought a new truck and the dealer is in the process of installing a 6"/4" lift and 35"s (325/65/R18) on it, I got a quote prior to purchasing the truck for ~$2300/year. So I called in to insure the truck today and the rep asked if there were any modifications to the vehicle, I said "yes its getting a small lift and slightly bigger tires" the rep says "ok, just give me a second" a few moments later he comes back on the phone and says that they can't insure a vehicle with a lift and bigger tires, I can have only one or the other. So obviously already having paid for both and being in the process of being installed what do I do? Call back and say its only getting a lift? As the stock tires are 275/70/R18 which are only 4.5% smaller than the 325's. Or do I try and find a different insurance company? Or try to talk the rep into believing the tires are essentially the same size?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure others have gone through this.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Seems like a huge lift for only 35" couldn't you get away with 2" level and drop to a 315 tire 34.5" maybe fly under the radar and save a few $

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like a huge lift for only 35" couldn't you get away with 2" level and drop to a 315 tire 34.5" maybe fly under the radar and save a few $

I could of, but the lift was installed today. And the 325's should be 34.6" so not much change to a 315. I really liked how the lift/tire combination looked on another truck on the lot, I could have went with 37's but that may have just made the issue worse. I think I'll try calling again tomorrow and speak to a different rep and see if they have a size at which it is considered "non-stock". The person I talked to today couldn't explain to me why it wasn't allowed, other than by saying "that's our policy", which by there method means an 8" lift on stock tires would be fine, but would still be higher than what I will have.

Otherwise I'm sure there are others that will cover it, although I'll probably end up paying a higher rate.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that I look into it the F350's had the option of coming with a 275/60R20 which works out to 34.1", maybe that will help my case but I doubt it.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now that I look into it the F350's had the option of coming with a 275/60R20 which works out to 34.1", maybe that will help my case but I doubt it.
I have a F350 Harley Davidson Edition that came factory with 20's. Zero problem insuring it, but mind you..... It came off of the assembly line that way.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change Ins Companies. No problem or questions with mine. Showed them receipts and signed and walked out door. If all else fails get dealer to put all in one price on bill of sale. Also if a Ford and getting the leveling lift make sure the headlights get aimed properly after lift install.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
switch insurance companies IMO. No extra charges for me and I'm sitting wit 11" of lit.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change Ins Companies. No problem or questions with mine. Showed them receipts and signed and walked out door. If all else fails get dealer to put all in one price on bill of sale. Also if a Ford and getting the leveling lift make sure the headlights get aimed properly after lift install.

switch insurance companies IMO. No extra charges for me and I'm sitting wit 11" of lit.

I already have the lift, tires, etc on the bill of sale with the truck as it was part of the deal.

I'm going to callback once more today and see if they will cover it, otherwise I'll look elsewhere.

Does anyone mind sharing what insurance companies cover their lifted trucks?

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow 2300 year seems pretty expensive for insurance does having a lift make that much difference
my brand new ram 1 ton diesel is 800-900 yr full coverage except glass which is a waste of money imo
when I switched from my ford f350 gas in July my insurance went down a 100 year

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow 2300 year seems pretty expensive for insurance does having a lift make that much difference my brand new ram 1 ton diesel is 800-900 yr full coverage except glass which is a waste of money imo when I switched from my ford f350 gas in July my insurance went down a 100 year
It is expensive, but its only $800yr more than my 02Chev with only PL/PD and is worth less than 25% of the new one, and that is with full coverage with 5yr replacement coverage on the F350. That quote was prior to knowing about the lift BTW. I think my rates are so high because I'm still considered a young driver to the insurance company.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wawanesa or how ever it is spelled and I deal with the girls by the license center. Next Door to Bartons Sports.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pay about $3100yr, 2 autos with full coverage, 3rd with pl/pd, and a quad with full coverage at AMA

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but I got it figured. They were willing to insure it once I told them the tires weren't much bigger, insurance is closer to $2600 now but they also found my recent speeding ticket too, so that might have something to do with it. And the good thing is its insured for full replacement for the next 5yrs.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but I got it figured. They were willing to insure it once I told them the tires weren't much bigger, insurance is closer to $2600 now but they also found my recent speeding ticket too, so that might have something to do with it. And the good thing is its insured for full replacement for the next 5yrs.

until it get stolen.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
When i read things like this i'm glad i live in SK for insurance, go to SGI, give them the vin, and no questions asked. As long as it's insurable.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that's high, my 13CTD with 5million liability (buisness) full gap and everything is only 1600/yr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell them the dealer gave you the white Oakley sunglasses in the deal, that will save $65.00

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that's high, my 13CTD with 5million liability (buisness) full gap and everything is only 1600/yr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that's the cost of being a younger driver, have to offset the payouts of others accidents somehow.

Tell them the dealer gave you the white Oakley sunglasses in the deal, that will save $65.00

I turned those down, they don't match the black truck.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how much did they give off when you got the bi-focal glasses package?

Top Bottom